Chapter 1

^^Are you ready for this??? I am super pumped. Here we go!

***
"We need some new guys here. How is it possible that I have dated or hooked up at least once with every good looking guy here?" I whine to my best friend Raelynn, but I call her Rae.

Rae laughs and throws her long blonde hair over her shoulder. She looks at me with judgemental, but loving green eyes. Her tanned skin looks perfect in the sun. She effortlessly looks perfect while I spend hours everyday trying to look half as good as her.

"Good thing it is the start to another school year and I don't think you could call what you do dating." She turns her head back to look at the people walking past us. "Since we are going to be juniors this year, maybe you should settle down with a boy."

"Blah, that sounds boring. We have two years left of college and then I can get serious about my future." I hear my phone ring so I hurry and pick it up. "Hello?"

"Are you and Rae going to come help us decorate for the party tonight?" My good ole pal, Louis says.

"Oh damn, sorry. We made other plans and can't come," I tease Louis.

"Sitting on a bench and watching incoming freshmen is not plans. You creeps. Why do you do this every year?" As Louis says this he comes into view.

I hang up my phone and wave at him. As he walks over I study his appearance. His short brown hair that is longer in the front is swept off to the side. His blue eyes hold that usual sparkle that makes him look mischievous. He usually is up to no good so his look suits him. He is wearing gym shorts with a t-shirt that has some soccer logo on it. I guess I should say football. Louis is from England and luckily came to North Carolina, where we met our freshman year. He has this dream of being a proffesional soccer player and Wake Forest University has the best men's soccer program in the US.

Rae, Louis and I all met in our freshman English class. We got along instantly and have been best friends ever since. Rae and I rushed a sorority while Louis rushed the brother fraternity. We are all complete opposites, but we make it work. Louis is a super athlete, Rae is a sweet Christian southern bell, while I'm the rebel punk of the group. I first started hanging out with them because I thought it would be fun to corrupt them. Turns out it is, but as much as I have changed them, they have changed me as well. I don't wear as much black as I use to and I actually smile and laugh now.

As Louis gets closer to us he starts to say, "I can't believe you two are doing this and didn't invite me."

"We didn't realize today was freshmen move in day until we saw all the sad parents." Rae explains to Louis.

"Speaking of sad parents, mine are coming up today to drop my brother off." I roll my eyes as I watch a mom hug her son a little too tight.

"Oooo, the coveted Anderson brother. You have to get him to rush our fraternity." Louis nudges me with his elbow.

"Are you kidding? I'm praying that he doesn't rush and stays far away from my life." I look at Rae and she is smiling at me.

"Are you really praying? I'm so proud!" She squeals as she hugs me.

"I was joking, I still don't believe in God or any other higher being." As I say this Louis and Rae shake their heads at me.

"Come on, we can argue our religious beliefs later. Harry is stressing out about the house not being ready for tonight." Louis stands up and we copy his actions.

"Harry is going to be there? Do I look alright?" Rae starts to play with her hair.

"A yellow tanktop and denim shorts that are a little short. Yeah, I would say you look alright." I smile at her outfit. Two years ago she never would have worn it.