Chapter 24

A/N

After many hours of watching YouTube I stumbled upon Cher Lloyd's music videos. Now I picture Jess as her. Cher's attitude reminds me of how I picture Jess. You can picture Jess as anyone, but I now picture her as Cher Lloyd. Just with a small southern accent haha.

***

"I don't feel like teaching you hooligans today. Jess, do you want to teach them?" Mr. Jay turns and asks me.

"No thank you." I laugh as Mr. Jay rolls his eyes.

"Just start writing your paper that is due on Monday. If you need help come ask." Mr. Jay comes over and sits next to me.

I look over at Niall and at the rest of the students and they all seem confused. They eventually pull out their computers and start typing. I glance back at Niall one more time and he winks at me. He focuses on his paper so I turn my attention back to Mr. Jay.

"Are you doing okay? You seem tired or bored." I quietly ask Mr. Jay.

"I am just ready for the weekend." Mr. Jay takes a deep breath. "The girl I was seeing basically broke up with me, but she made it seem like it was my idea. I have been kind of bummed since then."

"When did that happen?" I feel bad for Mr. Jay he seemed to really like the girl he was dating.

"Like three hours ago. It's weird though. I knew that if I could make it to this class and see you then-" Mr. Jay abruptly stops talking. He takes a deep breath and then continues. "I knew if I could talk to you then things would feel better."

"You just knew my happy positive attitude would cheer you up?" At least I hope that's why.

"Exactly. When did you become so happy? Just a couple weeks ago you were doom and gloom." Mr. Jay laughs at me.

"As cheesy as it sounds I met a guy. We aren't dating or anything. Mostly just hanging out and talking." I watch as Mr. Jay's smile grows when I mention a guy.

"Mr. Horan?" Mr. Jay says quietly.

"Good guess," I say hesitantly.

"Interesting. I won't worry too much though," Mr. Jay whispers.

"You know that you are technically my teacher, right?" Even if he wasn't my teacher I wouldn't be interested.

"Meh." I relax, because I now know he is joking. "Seriously, I hope he is good to you and you finally start believing in love. "

"Wow, calm down. I am still the same anti-dating girl. I just, I don't know. Niall is the first guy I have truly liked. I'm sure I will screw it up somehow and Niall will run in the opposite direction." I am still the doom and gloom girl deep down.

"Focus on the good!" Mr. Jay says a little too loud. Most of the students look up and stare at us, including Niall. He gives me a weird look, but I wave at him. "Aww look. He is jealous."

"Shut up." I watch Niall as he tries to focus on his paper.

"Invite me to the wedding, that's all I'm saying." Mr. Jay pauses for a moment. "My toast will be amazing. I can talk about how you would distract him during class and how he would just sit and stare at you."

"Never going to happen." I roll my eyes at his crazy talk.

The rest of the hour goes by quickly. I talk Mr. Jay into looking over a paper I wrote for my literature class. When he finishes reading the paper he dismisses the students. Niall, like always, waits for me outside the classroom. We are currently walking to the stadium for his practice.