Chapter 10

^^^ If only this was real!!

***

I am so thankful that at this moment I am getting ready to go to a party. Rush today went by smooth, but I just want to hang out with friends and drink. I know I told Brett I wouldn't, but one beer won't hurt. I look in the mirror one more time and then swallow two pain killers even though my wrist doesn't hurt. I then walk back into my room to find Rae putting on her shoes. I'm a little surprised at her outfit. Her top is a little low cut. I wonder if Harry is pressuring her into anything. I'll kill him.

"Your top is a little low cut

"Your top is a little low cut." The words feel weird coming out of my mouth.

"That's what I was thinking, but one night won't hurt anything." Rae shrugs it off.

"Harry isn't pressuring you into anything, is he?" I cough from this uncomfortable conversation.

"No, of course not. I just wanted to look a little sexy tonight." Rae smiles at me.

"I am a terrible influence on you." I normally would be proud, but this feels wrong.

We walk out of our room and head downstairs. The sorority house is buzzing with laughter and music. Everyone is getting ready for our first Saturday night of the year. Just as we are about to leave Lacey comes running to us.

"Jess, wait." I stop and turn towards her. "I just wanted you to know that you were nominated for activity chair."

"What? How? Doesn't that have to be done in a chapter meeting and then I have to accept or not?" I don't want to plan their date nights.

"Come on it will be fun. Everyone wants you to plan our parties. You would do great. Just think about it, please?" Lacey smiles at me.

"Fine," I mumble.

"Yay! See you girls later." Lacey skips away. She is way too happy.

"Why," I say as we leave the house.

"You would do amazing and I will totally help," Rae squeals.

"You nominated me, didn't you?" I glare at Rae and her sheepish grin gives me my answer. "You owe-"

"No! No, no, no!" I am cut off by Brett yelling. He is across the street looking at me. I guess he doesn't like my outfit. "Put this on. Now."

"I am not putting on that flannel shirt." I am not giving into Brett this time.

As we get closer Brett and I stare at each other and Rae laughs at us. Just as she is about to say something, Niall walks ove to us. I look at him to see his reaction. He looks me up and down and his cheeks turn red just like I knew they would. When we make eye contact he shakes his head.