Chapter 59

A/N

Author note at the beginning this time. I am so sorry for the two week delay. Life has been crazy and I have had zero energy to do anything! I made this chapter extra super long for  your patience. I hope you enjoy it!

Please comment and vote!

***

As I fidget with my shirt and stare at my reflection I can't stop myself from being nervous. My mind keeps going back to junior year. All the games I sat at just to cheer for Niall. I never thought that I would be back in this position. How have I managed to get myself back into this situation? I tug on the jersey that has Niall's last name on the back. Once again I am branded with Niall's name. Louis has forced me to wear his mom's jersey. Louis guilt tripped me into wearing it. He kept saying "it would make mum so happy to have you wear it." I of course told Louis to have his sister wear it, but conveniently she already has her own jersey. Now here I am, in Niall freaking Horan's jersey with a pair of denim shorts. I roll my eyes knowing that this is Louis' pay back for me trying to set him up with McKenna.

"Jess, are you ready?" Rae asks as she walks into my room. I see that her and I are matching.

"How warm is it outside? Can I get away with wearing a jacket?" I look over at Rae with a frown.

"I mean it's in the low seventies and with how cold it's been in New York you might cook a little bit." Rae says with amusement. "We are all wearing Niall's jersey, so don't stress out."

"I just hate feeling so connected to him." I pull on the jersey one more time.

There is nothing I can really do. Either I wear the jersey or I don't. It isn't a big deal. Like Rae said, everyone is wearing one. I just need to shove these feelings down. I take a deep breath and move away from my mirror. I grab my purse that has everything I need. Rae and I leave my room and walk downstairs. As we make it to the last step Rae stops me.

"Remember what Harry said. Don't let words or other people control you." Rae gives me a look of concern. "Do not go clubbing with them tonight, even if Louis goes."

"Partying with a group of hot soccer players?" I shrug. "It would be like college all over again."

"Jess." Rae now sounds as concerned as she looks. "You have been doing so well."

"Don't worry. I am not going to go party with Niall and his friends." That is the last thing I would want.

"Come on!" Louis yells as he walks out of the kitchen. He finds us by the stairs and shakes his head. "Why does it always take you guys so long to get ready?"

"Because we are women. It takes a lot more to get our look than it takes to get your look." Rae informs Louis.

"And Rae had to talk me out of ripping this stupid jersey off me." I playfully glare at Louis. I look around and notice that Harry and the twins aren't down here. "Where is Harry and the twins?"

"Waiting in the car. The twins were getting anxious about missing the game. Harry took them outside." Louis rolls his eyes at us and walks towards the front door.

Rae and I follow Louis outside. Sure enough, Harry is sitting in the backseat with the twins. They are all dancing, which makes me laugh. Harry is pretty good at keeping kids entertained. As we enter the car the twins start to cheer. I look at the clock on the dash and see that it's a quarter to noon. Rae and I were not running late. Everyone is simply impatient. The twins climb into the third row of seats, since they are the only ones small enough to fit.

Louis drives away from his house and we drive in the direction of the hotel. I fidget in my seat nervously as we drive. The thought of wearing Niall's jersey, watching him play, and him seeing me in his jersey stresses me out. Before I know it we are pulling up to the stadium. I was so distracted with my thoughts that driving to the hotel and picking up McKenna was a complete blur. Now that we are at the stadium my mind goes on high alert. I know that we won't run into Niall, but my body can't seem to comprehend that.