Chapter 38

I try, I really do try to suppress an eye roll, but I fail miserably. I have done everything I can think of to tell this dumb broad that Niall isn't available, but here we are. Krystal batting her long eyelashes and smiling at Niall.

"Oh Krystal, I didn't know you where here. It is so nice to see you." Maybe I will kill her with kindness.

"Hi," Krystal seems taken back by my kindness. "How did you enjoy mass?"

"It gave me a lot to think about." I try to mimic her cheery voice.

"Niall told me how nervous you were to be here, but I hope you enjoyed yourself. This is my favorite place to be." Krystal intertwines her fingers together making herself look so innocent.

"Turns out there was no reason to be nervous." I causally grab Niall's hand and end up smiling when Krystal sees.

Krystal stands here looking dumbfounded and I relish in the moment. Faking nice while subtly flaunting my relationship seems to be doing the trick. I shouldn't feel this triumphant, but I do.

"Niall my parents are so excited to have you come for Thanksgiving dinner." Krystal says causing me to tighten my grip on Niall's hand. All of my happiness slowly draining away.

"What?" I try not to sound shocked or mad. "I thought you were coming home with me for Thanksgiving"

"Oh Krystal. I am so sorry. I completely forgot, but I actually made plans with Jess." Niall tries to defuse the situation before I cause a scene.

"But I asked you a couple of weeks ago. You promised that you would come." Tears start to build up in Krystal's eyes.

I can't stop myself from laughing. I mean this is completely ridiculous. Krystal is something else. Niall is my boyfriend and he isn't going to go to Thanksgiving dinner at her house. I take a few steps towards Krystal so what I say to her won't be heard by everyone.

"Alright Krystal, listen up. Niall and I are dating and yes that means he is my boyfriend. Not yours, so when he makes you a promise it means that it can be voided when I want the same promise from him. You can stop with the fake tears and go find someone who actually cares." I say sternly, yet sweet.

"Krystal, I'm sorry, but I should have never promised you. I was never planning on coming. I just didn't want to hurt your feelings," Niall quietly says.

"We need to get going. Have a good day Krystal." I give her a fake smile and walk away with Niall right behind me.

Everyone trails behind me as I storm out of the church. With so many people standing around talking, it takes awhile to get outside.

"What did you say when you got really close to her? I could only here bits and pieces." Louis asks once we are all settled in the car.

"Nothing important," I respond.

The car ride is filled with awkward tension. I make Niall sit by Lacey so I can sit by the door. Louis, Lacey, and Niall keep a conversation going, but it is obvious that I am pissed. When did Krystal even have time to ask Niall about Thanksgiving? Why did Niall promise her that he would go? I know he said that he wasn't planning on going, but he shouldn't be making her any kind of promises.

"Finally," Louis mumbles as we pull into the parking lot of the diner.

"Jess and I will come in a little bit?" Niall says in a way which makes it sound like a question.

"Lock the doors when you are done." Louis hands his truck keys to Niall and quickly gets out of the truck.

After Louis helps Lacey out of the truck he slams the door. I look out the window to see him telling Lacey something, which makes her laugh. Knowing Louis it was a joke about Niall and I. It was probably hilarious and very true. They enter the diner and I keep my gaze to the window.