Chapter 10- Frenemies

I've always been told to keep my friends close and my enemies closers. The right word I would use is frenemies and perhaps my opinions would change about Jessica after all.

Just not anytime soon.

She combed through my hair before picking up the curling irons to curl the ends. Her hazel orbs glued at the task as she concentrated on perfecting every strand of my dark brunette hair.

"You know you're actually really pretty if you tried every so often", I force back a laugh.

"Was that your idea of a compliment?"

She grins before pausing in hesitation as though wanting to say something but reconsidering.

"For what it's worth. I was a bitch to you because I was threatened by you", she confesses.

My head spins around to look at her, my now perfectly shaped eyebrow that she had forcefully plucked was raised up in confusion.

"Threatened by me? How was I threat? I'm a loner I don't speak to anyone and I try to make myself nonexistent to the rest of the world so in what way would you see me as a threat?"

"Because you had the one thing I always wanted and I know that your relationship can never compare to ours".

"You mean Jay?" I'm in complete shock.

"You were a crazy psycho bitch that constantly tormented me and called me names and in more scenarios than I'd like to remember shoved me against walls and made fun of me in front of everyone because you had a crush on my best friend?"

"Kinda".

"Okay well that just makes me even more pissed off".

"The other reason was because you're pretty so I felt like you were competition to me and well I know that Jay has feelings for you".

I laugh throwing my head back in hysterics.

"Jay is like my brother and I am like his sister. We don't see each other in that way so for what it's worth you have got nothing to worry about", for some reason I wasn't even mad anymore, and I had realised one more thing about Jessica and that was she was as insecure as everyone else around her.

Or maybe that's her game plan.

"I know I know it's just I really like Jay".

"And he must like you too seeming as he got with you knowing how much I did not like you", I crack a smile and she rolls her eyes but grins.

"Whatever Winter".

"Are you done yet?" I feel impatient as she begins brushing my cheeks with a brush.

"Just a minute..... Yes now it's done and wow if I can say so myself, I am very good", she gives me a wink before I stand up and walk towards the mirror to look at my reflection half expecting her to have pranked me and made me look like a clown finally admitting to her true self.

Maybe I was being to harsh.

Instead, I stand there speechless.

My hair was perfectly held in place and I didn't know whether it was just because she had curled it but it seemed more silkier than usual.

I smiled as I admired myself and for once letting go of my usual tomb boy behaviour and feeling girlier and giddy. My makeup was subtle but pretty, I didn't look tired or dull instead I for once looked glamorous.

"Thank you", I finally say turning to smile at her before looking back at the dress I wore.

"No problem chick".

"But don't you think the dress is to revealing? I mean I don't usually wear dresses at all in the first place".

"Uhm you're not changing it you look hot and you're definitely gonna score yourself a hot boyfriend wearing that", she winks at me as I sigh staring at the dress.

Maybe Tyler would like it?

WINTER MONROE you stop right this minute!

She was right, I had to admit I did look good in it. It was a cream spaghetti strap dress with pretty sequins, I traced my fingers along the pattern taking it all in. The dress complimented my legs and I smiled at my reflection.

Jessica wore a pretty velvet dark red dress and she had the curves for it too

Jessica wore a pretty velvet dark red dress and she had the curves for it too. Her black hair was flawless as usual and so was her makeup, she was a natural at these types of things so I wouldn't have expected any less.

 Her black hair was flawless as usual and so was her makeup, she was a natural at these types of things so I wouldn't have expected any less

"Lets party", she gives me a wink before grabbing my arm and leading me downstairs and into the car to her house.

Now that I thought about it, why hadn't we just gone to her place to get ready in the first place?

Oh that's right I still didn't know if she was a serial killer in the makings or actually turning a new leaf.