You're Mine Forever ~ Chapter 42

Chapter Fourty-Two

He devoured my lips as my tears hungrily cascade upon my cheeks, silently telling me by his actions that he will never let me go. His loving embrace warmed my core, seeping through my soul. His gentle touch upon me face entrapping me. In my heart I know he will always be with me. A taste of heaven that only happens when I'm with him.
He slowly let go, our breathing laboriously working. His lips lingering against mine.
So naturally, I slowly caressed his face. He had been crying too. Knowing that I caused him this pain. I lovingly erased his tears with my lips, kissing them away. I smiled afterwards and looked deeply into his coral blue eyes as my hands touched his handsome face once again.
This face that I've longed to see and now it's right infront of me. A dream that I thought would never be has turned into reality.
Then suddenly he went down on his knees, burying his face on my tummy, kissing me there against my shirt. Hugging my thighs.
'E-Eric?', I run my fingers upon his hair.
'Please baby no more. I don't want to be apart from you. I can't breathe without you. Come back to me Nicolaa', he looked up at me. 'Please baby?', he begged.
'Please stand up', I asked him.
'I love you. I cannot live without you. I love you, Nicolaa', he whispered.
I nodded and before my tears started falling again, I nudged him up and hugged him tight. Burying my face upon his hard, muscled chest.
'I love you too', I declared. 'So much it's killing me'.
'Thank God', he said and wrapped me tightly upon his arms. 'I love you so much. I love you.. I love you... I love you... Only you', it was like a beautiful chant to my ears.
My heart was overfilled with joy.
'I've been waiting for you to tell me you love me, Eric', I whispered.
'I was waiting for the right time', he murmured.
I nodded my head again.
He carried me in his arms, lovingly and we sat on the sofa with me upon his lap. He nudged me close and we cuddled.
'I miss having you in my arms'.
'You didn't come after me', I said in a small voice.
'I thought you didn't want me to', he continued. 'How could I do that when in fact you left me?', he took a deep breath, 'I didn't want you to accuse me again of forcing you to stay married with me', he hugged me tighter. 'God, I almost drove myself crazy of missing you too much. Nicolaa, I'll give everything and promise you the world just to win you back'.
I gaze at him, he was smiling sadly at me.
'Eric how about Portia?', I asked him outright.
He frowned. 'What about her?'
'Does she know about this?', referring to his declaration of love to me. Eagerly waiting for him to answer.
He looked more confused now. 'You mean about her ruined painting?', I shook my head no but he continued. 'It was my gift for him'.
'Hi-him?', me, dumbfounded.
'Yes, for her husband Jonathan'.
'H-husband?! Jonathan?!'
He grinned.
'It was for their third year wedding anniversary'
'She's married?!', I asked, shocked. My eyes almost jumped out of their sockets.
He laughed.
'Baby, Portia is my cousin'.
'Cousin?!'
'Stepcousin'.
'Stepc-cousin?!'
'Do you need to repeat every word I said?', he grinned silly, amused at my expense.
I shook my head again, trying to clear my head.
'Her mom is dad's stepsis so she is my stepcousin'.
'B-b-but the tabloids--?'
'Are written by bunch of losers and liars. Don't believe what you read there, most of them are just made up stories', he explained. 'Actually it was better for people to think that we were lovers. It was safe to be linked to your stepcousin than with some random woman whom you've never even met before. And no one will think I'm gay or playboy too'.
'C-cousin?!', I asked again, still in a state of shock.
'Yes, cousin. Her father is French'.
Silence.
I bit my lower lip.
'I'm sorry. I thought it was for the best of everyone', I whispered, apologizing again for leaving him. Can't quite look him straight in the eyes.
He caressed my face and lift my chin to stare at him. He knows what I'm pertaining to.
'I thought you were so secure and sure of my feelings towards you. Nicolaa, the only thing that makes this right between us is that wherever you go, you'll always take my heart with you'.
'Tell me I'm the one you need Eric', I said.
'No, I won't', he teased.
He pinched my nose and kissed my mouth.
'Know this, next time you leave me, take my heart with you. I don't have a need of it anymore. But I'm gonna tell you now, you're the only one I love. Now and forever. Nicolaa, you're mine, forever'.
I swallowed the lump in my throat. He loves me this much. Everything felt alright for he is by my side now.
'But please don't leave me again', he begged.
'I won't', I promised.

***

I woke up the next day with a smile on my face. The warm kiss of sunrise upon my face made me think that this is a new day to start all over again.
Last night he brought me home after calling Tori that we made up.
Both she and Shawn were ecstatic to learn about our reconciliation.
She even reprimanded me of being too stubborn and prideful.
Imagine? I was jealous of his own cousin for so many months now. I guess I need to apologize to Portia for jumping into conclusion, for being rude and thinking bad of her. How stupid am I for not asking him the true nature of their relationship in the first place?
I sighed.
That was the past, now and our tomorrows together are more important.
I stretched my arm to check if he was still abed beside me but my hand touch nothing.
I opened my eyes and stood up, donning his robe. I quickly scanned the room for his presence but he wasn't there.
I went back to bed and bit my lip. There lies a parcel of a letter, a stemmed rose, a glittering red long gown laid out at the foot of the bed with a set of jewelry boxes and a matching pair of red shoes.
I picked the rose, smelled it, sat down on the edge of the bed while reading the scented note. His beautiful handwriting boldly written in flourished.

Dinner at 7.
I have a surprise for you.
I love you very much.

Your Loving and Devoted Husband

I smiled. Totally letting go of my inhibitions. Here lies the proof of his love and devotion towards me. A cold, frozen heart melted.
When I'll see him later, I'll surrender and give him my unconditional love.
I closed my eyes and touched my slight, rounded tummy.
Thanking God for giving me the greatest gifts in my life.

***

A white colored limousine came by the house at exactly 6:50 in the evening. A tall, handsome man wearing an evening black suit came out of it, saluted and grinned at me.
I smiled.
It was Shawn.
Then to my surprise, another person came out of the other side of the car. It was my sister Tori, wearing a white evening gown that made her look both sophisticated and regal.
'What are you doing here?', I asked them, smiling widely as they walked over to the front door.
'We are your usherettes', Tori.
'No woman, you are. I'm the driver a.k.a. chaffeur', Shawn corrected her and winked at me.
Tori rolled her eyes.
'Whatever', gazed at me and sighed dreamily. 'You look radiant and very beautiful', she leaned and kissed my cheek.
'Thank you, so do you but I'm not sure what to do with my hair so...', I pointed at my high ponytailed hair.
'It will do', she said.
Then I glanced at Shawn and asked, 'What is he up to?', meaning Eric.
Shawn grinned at me, 'It's a big surprise'.
'As if I don't know that', showing him his big bro's letter.
'Let just say it took him almost fifteen years to prepare for this day', he explained.
'What?', I frowned, more puzzled than before.
'Well, it seems like you even forgot what day it is today', Tori, pouting.
'It's Saturday!', I answered.
'Yeah, right. Hey, driver let's get going. We're late', she commanded Shawn who automatically went over to start the car.
'Tori, where are we going?', I asked her when we were inside the car. I don't know why but I'm nervous.
She grinned at me. 'We're going to meet your husband'.
'Silly', we laughed.
Then she smiled at me and grasped my hand, serious now but her eyes are twinkling.
'You're going to have the surprise of your life Nicolaa. Let's just say you deserve it and it's worth the wait'.
I nodded my head, excited and anxious at the same time.
I took a deep breath to calm my jittery nerves.
Thinking...
What kind of surprise is it?