You're Mine Forever ~ Chapter 14

Chapter Fourteen

We were ushered inside his yatch by a uniformed naval man. An hour trip from the reception hall to the marina bay was exhausting. My hands were sweaty, I was dead tired and it was hard trying to sink all this new lifestyle in one day that I felt like I couldn't choke them all down.

Who would have thought I would turn from a pauper into an instant princess in just a short span of time?

'May I take your coat?', he offered but his hands were on my shoulders, already removing them off me.

I shivered. It was not because I was feeling cold. His nearness unnerves me. I took a huge step to distant myself from him.

He noticed that and gave me a sardonic smile. I frowned at him. I didn't like that one bit.

'Do you care for some wine?'

'No. I would like to rest now. Where's the bedroom?', I looked around. Better to do that than gaze at his deep blue eyes.

He walked over to the bar and extracted a bottle from the small liquior cabinet.

'Eager to have our honeymoon, are you?', he asked, teasing me while pouring some drink for him.

'No. Eager to sleep and you stay away from me. Bedding me was not part of our bargain!', I took my travel bag and left in a huffed. Didn't know where I was going.

'I asked you to marry me for real Miss James. Did you forget?', I was stopped in my tracks. There was a slight amusement in his voice. He was holding a glass of brandy in his hand now. Leaning against the bar.

I looked at him, starting to panic.
Oh my! What did he just say?!

He must have seen the fear in my eyes.

'Turn right', he sounded angry and turned his back at me then took a long swig of the brandy.

'Thank you!', I almost run my way out of there.
Yikes!

I walked the steep path towards the ship's bedroom. Better to stay hidden in the bedroom than to be with him while he was in a sour mood.

***

The room was wide. It was fully furnished with white and burnished brown furnitures. I loved it. I sighed and threw myself on the bed. I kicked my shoes off. I raised my left hand and stared at my diamond engagement and wedding rings. I assessed them like a pawn jeweler. They were kinda heavy. They were chosen well by him. Both were so beautiful and I knew they costs atleast a year of my salary combined.

These were the evidences that he literally owns me now. I sighed again and clasped both of my hands onto my chest. My right fingers started fiddling with the rings. I closed my eyes forcefully.

Oh Lord! What have I done? I married a complete stranger. Please do not let me regret my decision.

It was rush but what can I do? I couldn't jeopardized my family's future and besides deep inside it was like an assurance for me too, for I never wanted to feel alone again. My last relationship made me feel so ugly and drab especially when my ex chose to leave me over that other woman. It was killing me slowly but I was able to hide it well. Both mom and Tori were unaware I was devastated.

Then now, along came this stranger. This man whom I was dreaming off for a long time, gave me the courage to fight and feel alive. No man ever made me feel the way he does to my senses. There must be a reason why he was in my constant vivid dreams? I never believed in superstitious beliefs but it was just too real to be called mere coincidences.

Fate must have brought him to me. And maybe, just maybe I will gain something in this, too? Not wealth or power, but maybe I might have a child with him, a child of my own. A child who will look exactly like him.

I smiled. I need to have that honeymoon first before having the baby. No woman got pregnant with just signing a marriage contract. I giggled. Oh! Babies! How I love them? I wished they will have their father's ocean colored deep blue eyes. His strong chin, his height, his intelligence but not his arrogance and rudeness. Oh my! What am I saying?!

I moved around the bed and lied in a fetal position. Caressing the bedspread. They were so soft and comfortable to touch. Not caring that he might find me in that state, I started to breathe evenly, my eyelids slowly closing.

'I'm just going to take a nap for thirty minutes then I'll fix my things when I wake up', I said to myself.

However , I just couldn't resist flying towards dreamland. I was so exhausted and before sleep finally consumed me, his handsome face entered my mind and so I dreamnt about him again.