You're Mine, Forever ~ Chapter 34

Chapter Thirty-Four

Brunch was a bit awkward that day. Only the clinking of the eating utensils were making noises in the dining area. It took us an hour before we headed downstairs and prepared something for our guest to eat. Not that bacon and sunny side up eggs takes too long to prepare. According to my hubby, his baby brother prefers to eat the meal prepared by a member of their family for he wanted to be 'babied' a lot. Talk about a big, spoiled-brat, picky guy, huh?

No wonder cook wasn't around again, Eric must have notified her last night that we won't need her services for today.
Yes, Eric has his own personal people who watches over his house but I barely see or knew them. Actually I really thought there's no one here but us but I was wrong for he told me otherwise. He loves his privacy so much that his people has selected scheduled time to come by the house and do their chores. Well, I knew no one can do the cleaning of this huge manor alone but how will I know, he never told me a thing.

'I love the fact that you didn't change my room's set-up', a grinning Shawn broke the silence.
I was taken out of my daydreaming and glanced at him, he flashed me his teasing grin and I blushed. Oh God! I can never look at him without being embarassed and thinking of what he just saw in our bedroom.
'We can do something about that', Eric growled, obviously still pissed with his brother for not knocking on our door and saw something he shouldn't have seen.
'It's fine with me. Actually I'm planning of collecting all my stuff by next week', his grin widened, 'Seeing that you might need to redo it soon for a nursery room'.
I blushed more while Eric laughed crispily.
'Why? Is there something you wanna say?', Shawn asked curiosly while I frowned. What does he mean?
Eric smiled and clasped my right hand and squeezed it.
He brought it towards his lips and kissed my knuckles.
'Not yet but we're trying our best', he said.
So Shawn thought I'm pregnant.
Shawn nodded. 'You do realized mom and dad are very anxious that they visited most of the churches in the area praying for a miracle', Shawn said comically.
'I heard about that', Eric grinning.
'Well, what's wrong with you dude. Don't tell me you lost some slack and can't make one?'
'I'm doing my best little bro'.
'Step on it'.
'I am, you saw the proof'.
'You should have grind deeper'
'I did'.
'Took some energy drink'.
'Uhuh'.
'Did her doggie?'
'Most of the time'
'Good'.
Then they both laugh.
Two barbaric brothers talking about sex infront of me as if I'm not around.
I was aghast about their actions. Oh my! I wish the floor would open and swallow me up.
'Hey Nic, did you know about Eric's dirty little secret?', Shawn casted me that sexy green eyes of his. Now both of me and Eric frowned and asked at the same time.
'What secret?'
'You know about his room of painti-'
'Nic knew about that, Eric cleared his throat, 'So what time are you leaving?' he continued, serious now with brows as high as the tower.
My frown didn't leave me, Eric sounds as if he doesn't want to talk about his talent with the brushes.
'About one for I need to visit a friend', Shawn.
'Friend?', Eric.
'What painting?', Me.
Both of them are looking at me now with those gifted Morrison gorgeous eyes of theirs.
'What? Obviously Eric is hiding something from me', I didn't intend to but I put down my spoon and fork forcefully into my plate, 'And yes I know he's a renowned painter which I learned from another person and no I never saw any of his paintings. So what is this thing about his art that I didn't know of?, I tried to say that in a calm manner but my jealous state got at me. Why is he keeping a secret from me?

They both shut up and neither wanna talk. Shawn obviously was shock to know I never saw any of his brother's work and that he said something that made me upset. And Eric is as guilty as his handsome face can tell.
The silence in the dining area leghtened and my scrutinized stare was ignored. Ooh, damn them both to hell!
'I think... I think I'm gonna get going. Thanks for the brunch'. Shawn stood up, kissed me on my cheek then he was gone like an apparition.
Eric kept his silence and started cleaning up the dishes. My! he won't tell me anything then.
He walked towards the kitchen while my penetrating gaze follwed him. Not that I wanna see that sexy back of his (which for a fact I do) while he's walking but because I'm devicing a new plot.
It must be a painting of some importance.
A painting of someone that he doesn't want me to know of.
A painting of a woman!
As he went farther ahead, my eyes slowly turned into slits for I got a wonderful evil plan. I'll do my own investigation. Those controversial paintings must be here somewhere in this massive headstone. He's keeping it somewhere, lock tight.
I'm gonna check at every cranny no matter how many mice and cockroaches I'll encounter along the way. I will never stop until I get into the bottom of this. His secret will be revealed in no time.
He's messing with the wrong girl. Oh yes, he is!
Huh? We'll see about that!

***

He left about an hour ago, he just kissed me on the lips, caressed my face then walah! He's gone.
Everybody around me these dats are good at this disappearing act. A talent I need to learn someday.
I sighed. Okay then it's the perfect time to look around snooping without him finding out.
I started in his study. Like a spy I took a pair of sterile gloves from my bag and donned my eyeglasses. Well, I can't leave any fingerprints behind, can I?
I laughed at my comical self, I know I'm acting foolishly but it's safer this way.
So I checked everything even his library of books hoping there's a secret button that will make the shelves move like in those spy movies on tv. But bad news, I found nothing.
I sloped down at his huge office chair and started thinking. Where could those paintings be?
So the next room I went to check on are the guest rooms. Atleast 12 of them. I even went into Shawn's room careful not to move any of his things out of place. Then I went over to the attic which was a bit scary to get in for it was dark but it was clean and neat, someone must be keeping it dainty. Then I went down the basement which I thought would be the best place to find those but again, zero mission accomplished. I returned to the living room sweaty and a bit dusty and empty-handed.
I went to the couch and glanced at our large wedding picture. The one his parents gave us as a gift. I sat there, studying his handsomeness which I always do. After a minute or two, I returned to my reverie and my annoyance of not finding those paintings returned.
I glared at him and stuck my tongue out for he is looking at me teasingly from that photo.
So much for handsome devils.

***

The next day at work I was feeling dizzy and a bit nauseous. I lacked sleep last night for when he got home, we made love then after he slept I stayed wide awake. I can't quite figure out what's going on in his mind. The painting incident yesterday was never mentioned again though I wanted to bring it up.
He drove me to work and now here I am waiting for him to call me though we parted ways just a couple of hours ago.
The phone rang and I answered it. It's from the ER. We have a new admission in the ICU's vacant room number 4. I informed them that it's ready and they can shift the patient anytime.
'She's not coming today?', Mina asked. She's referring to Jodel who called in sick right before our morning endorsement.
'Yeah she did, said she is having a stomach upset', I explained but we both know she is going to her mom's birthday party. But friends don't tell.
'Are you going to attend after your shift?', I asked her.
'I will, I told them I'm going home early and I'll do only six hours today. I'll take Tim with me. We bought a gift yesterday and I know Mrs. Almojuela would love it', she said excitedly. She is now almost nine months pregnant and still working even against the advice of her doctor. A doctor who is disregarding her doctor's orders. Really, even medical practitioners are hard-headed when it comes to their own health.
'I gave mine last week', I grinned. I bought a complete set of kitchen knife and baking pan which I know she will be thrilled for she has her own online bakeshop.
She nodded then her eyes widened.
'What's wrong?', I frowned, worried.
'He kicked', she grimaced. 'I think my baby wants to join the soccer team'.
We both laughed.
'Here, sit here', I offered her a chair and took her stethoscope from her hand.
'I told you Min, you need to stop working, your time is fast approaching', pertaining to her delivery.
'I still got two weeks dear and what do you want me to do, sit around at home? Alone?', She continued. 'Atleast when I'm here I have company'.
I shook my head but didn't say anything anymore.
'Hello Nicolaa', someone called out to me.
We both turned our heads around to see who was it. I got speechless and my mind went blank.
'What are you doing here?!', I heard someone asked from afar.
It wasn't me who asked the question, it was Mina. I was so surprised I lost my tongue.
All my old friends from work knows this guy so well. Especially my bff's.
He is 'The One Who Can't Be Named', The Harry Potter's Lord Voldemort in our all-girl conversations.
Simon Bent, the ex, my ex.
'My cousin's in room 4', he smiled at me. Actually his eyes never left me.
I took a deep, trying-to-calm myself breath.
Shit! Talking about mere coincidences.