You're Mine Forever ~ Chapter 12

Chapter Twelve

The Wedding Day.

I was looking at my reflection in the mirror trying to convince myself that this was all real. I couldn't help but wonder who was this beautiful, gorgeous lady staring back at me? She looked so radiant and excited from outside but deep down inside of her, there was a slight doubt. Too many second thoughts. Am I doing the right thing? I sighed.

I couldn't back down now. My family's future depended on it.

'Nic, it's time', Tori gave me a wide grin, she looked very pretty with her braided french hairstyle, wearing a red maid of honor gown. She lent me her hand in order to assist me. Mom was outside entertaining some guests which was a little bit off her for she was never into any social gathering since dad died.

My family met Eric's parents two days ago. I was so thankful his family were so open and loving and that our social status differences was not a big deal to them. I hadn't met his younger brother yet for they said he was still in college and his finals was coming up but hopefully he can come and be at the wedding.

I took a deep calming breath and started praying. I could hear the people we'd invited from the hall talking. A lot of the guests here were Eric's not mine. I only had my family, close friends from work and a few neighbors over.

The huge doors were opened and the bridal entourage started walking slowly into the great hall. Only my sister and two of the bridesmaids (friends at work) were the ones from my side. I didn't know the rest of the entourage personally. A soft and lovely music was sang by the choir on both sides of the venue.

My heart started beating rapidly and my breathing getting faster like I was hyperventilating. When I was a kid a dreamnt of a love marriage and church wedding but now, here I was, marrying a guy I barely knew and hooking me up with a judge to read our vows infront of this big audience, in this enormous hall for this farce.

When it was my turn to walk, I felt like I was floating in the clouds. Not that the artificial smoke made me feel that, but I thought it was the overwhelming feeling that deep down I loved the idea of marrying this hunk of a guy. The guests were all nodding their heads towards me, approving of my looks I bet. I saw my friends and I wanted to smile at them but I was so nervous I couldn't act coy and the beaming bride.

My mom was crying when I spotted her in the front row so was Eric's mother, but both of them were smiling. His father was grinning from ear to ear, too. I knew he was standing there, waiting for me but I refused to look his way. I wanted to dashed away but I knew that was a cowardly act. I needed to do what I have to do.

I took a deep breath and slowly glanced at the makeshift altar. And there he was, standing with a younger guy who look just like him but leaner, the man of every girl's dream, even mine.

If I had met him in different circumstances, I might have fallen hard for this man, too.

He took my hand and clasped it tightly then brought it upon his lips, gave it a chaste kiss. He gave me an approving smile. His blue eyes mesmerized me that I couldn't look away from him.

'I, Eric Dominic Morrison, do hereby solemnly swear...'

'I, Nicolaa James, do hereby solemnly swear...'

His voice was strong while mine was just above a whisper.

'To forever love and to hold. To cherish each other, in sickness and in health. Till death do we part'.

The vows were exchanged with me in a limbo. I just went with the flow. The crowd gave us an applause and my fate was sealed.

'Eric, you may kiss your lovely bride now', his Uncle Adam (the judge) teased him. His brother gave him a whoop at the back and gave a wolf whistle that the crowd found entertaining, they all laughed.

Tori was giving me teasing looks that I wasn't even aware she was standing right behind me.

Eric gathered me into his arms, smiled at me and slowly lowered his lips towards mine. He kissed me slowly at first that made me lose my senses. Then he captured my lips and pushed his tongue inside my mouth. He was ravenous and I copied him.

The crowd went wild.

This was it. The judge has sentenced me into a life imprisonment to this gorgeous man kissing me. Torridly.
Hotly.
Wetly.
Scorchingly.