You're Mine, Forever ~ Chapter 30

Chapter Thirty

I rubbed the tip of my nose bridge and continued typing in the computer. I kept myself busy the whole day performing two bedside hemodialysis and assisting Jodel as their circulating nurse during their tracheostomy procedure. The sound of the keyboard are the only noise that can be heard in the nurse's station.

Most of my co-workers from the morning duty went home but I stayed along and helped the evening shift in entering their laboratory results in the computer.

I was trying not to think of what happened yesterday at home. I'm in a mixed, messed up mood. It continuosly bothers me but I have to put the thoughts aside but these emotions lures me to succumb to a near depressive state.

I took a deep breath and gave a long sigh. Now that's done. I filed the results up and placed them on each patient's chart. I sat back again and started tapping my fingers on the table.

So okay, I won't be able to win him over if I'm not going to brave my insecurities. Who could she be? Why did he marry me when he is in love with someone else? Why can't he love me instead of her?

Then suddenly I frowned, something popped into my head.

I immediately minimized the flowsheet, turned on the google website and typed his name.

'Eric... Do-mi-nic... Mor-ri-son', I said slowly in a whisper to myself while typing faster like a hawk trying to trap its prey.

To my astonishment, there were a lot of articles about him.

I grinned and reprimanded myself why didn't I thought of doing some research over him? I slept with the guy every night but my hubby is still a stranger to me.

I started reading the first biography written about him. Wow! He's in wikipedia!

I drowned myself with these new knowledge of him. A basketball team captain in highschool, a choir singer, loves cats, beautiful ladies (on which my brow arched) and outdoors. My eyes went huge, my baby was a Magna Cum Laude in business administration in college?! Oh-oh I am ashamed of myself, I was just a Dean's Lister.

Then there was this new info, he was a world renowned car racer at the age of 18 and retired when he had an accident?

Hmm... I frowned. Accident? Was it the car accident where I met him? I'll ask him later when he picks me up.

Then I shrugged and again opened a new article. This one shows his various 'lady friends'. It looks like a tabloid magazine site.

Now I am consumed with hate, my eyes squinted, the only sign that shows my remorse. Ooh... I loathe them clinging bitches! I want to wrenched those hands away off my baby. A particular blonde, mannequin-like woman was pictured with him a lot in those various events he attended. The caption reads Eric Morrison with his latest girl, Portia Arradi.

'Bitch', I whispered hatefully.

'Excuse me?', a very familiar manly voice that melts my pussy everyday said behind me.

'Oh shit!', I immediately tried to click the 'x' button but I wasn't fast enough that he saw what I'm reading.

'I can wait all day until you're done. That's quite interesting what you have there', he said, obviously amused. He leaned over the nurse's station, grinning sheepishly.

I blushed profusely and closed my eyes, praying that the ground would open up and swallow me. Why oh why did he has to catch me poking my nose on his past?!

I cleared my throat.
'Why are you here?, I said, almost breathless.

'I came to pick you up. I tried calling you plenty of times but you're not answering'.