You're Mine, Forever ~ Chapter 38

Chapter Thirty-Eight

'You're here!', a beaming Mom opened the door for us. Eric leaned over to kissed her soft cheek.
'Mom you look so radiant today', Eric complimented her.
'It's my new hair cut, do you like it?', she said, blushing.
'It becomes you, you look younger like a sixteen year old', then he winked at her as I rolled my eyes. Such flattery in the middle of the day. Goodness.
'Nic?', mom. I didn't noticed she saw me doing that.
I was mortified and embarassed, being caught.
'Hi mom', I smiled awkwardly then gave her a kiss on her other cheek too.
'You look pale', she touched my forehead. 'Are you sick, darling?', Still frowning.
'No mom, I'm fine', assuring her.
'She hates me', Eric.
'I do not!'
'She doesn't love me either', he pouted.
I gave him an angry glare and a snob.
'See?', he complained while pointing at me.
'Nic', mom, giving me a warning.
I took a deep breath. Why does she always choose his side?
She's my mother!
But before I can explain, someone interrupted us.
'Hey bro!', Shawn, holding a steaming bowl of soup maybe and a spoon, grinning smugly.
'Shawn?!', me.
'Hey! What's up?', Eric.
Eric went over to him and they shook hands while I was looking at mom with astonishment.
'What is he doing here?', I asked in a loud whisper.
'Tori invited him over', mom said smiling, as if it's the most natural thing in the world.
'Oh? Okay...', I'm puzzled. Something's going on with those two. And my husband doesn't even look surprised to see his brother here.
My eyes squinted. Hmm... I better find out what's up with them, quick.
The two handsome Morrisons were laughing and was left sitting on the sofa while I followed mom towards the kitchen where we found a busy Tori stirring something in a pot.
'Add the carrots now', mom instructed her.
'Hi Nic', Tori smiling at me while pouring the carrots into the pot. It's a miracle my little sis is cooking. She never does that. Maybe she wants to impress someone.
'Why is Shawn here?', I inquired.
'Nic!', mom.
'He's my friend', Tori. 'Why? Is there a problem with you two?', now she's frowning at me same as mom.
'What?!', I gave mom an innocent look. Then gave Tori a pointed look. 'I'm just asking'.
Then Tori's eyes became wide and then she blushed.
'You don't think that Shawn and I--', I raised my left brow at her. 'No, we're not!', she denied stonily.
'Hmm, are you sure?', me.
'But I thought you and Shawn are together?', mom asking Tori, puzzled.
'We're not mom, I explained that to you earlier. Just because we're hanging out, doesn't mean we are in a relationship. We're friends, plain and simple. You don't have to add some spice on that! What's wrong with you guys?! Geez!', she turned her back at us and started stirring the pot again while me and mom exchanged teasing looks. Not buying what she declared.
Mom cleared her throat, 'You're at the right age now and I think it's about time you find yourself a boyfriend...'
'Mom!', Tori. Pissed.
'Don't mom mom me. After all, you graduated in college with honors and you found a new job so yes I think it's all good now. Go find yourself a lad', mom, nodding her head in emphasis.
'You have our blessings', I grinned at her.
'Seriously guys?! You want me to parade myself infront of those 'men'?!', she said scathingly.
We grinned.
She gave us a disgusted look then rolled her eyes. 'Okay, next time I'm going to wear skimpy, little, skin-tight outfits and search for true love in a bar'.
I giggled and hugged her. She is my 'so' serious younger sis and I know she hates being teased. Sometimes I think her mind is more mature than mine though she is still our bratty baby.
'We love you and we only want your happiness Tor'.
'P--lease! Why are you bugging me about that?! I told you he is not my boyfriend and never will be! Okay?! Period!', Tori flung her hands in the air for emphasis.
'Someone's got her knickers in a twist', mom.
'What?!', Tori and I, mortified. Our mom never say those kind of things, not before though.
'Just kidding', mom grinned.
Tori snorted while I shook my head.
'Hey Tor, you better pay attention to that', changing the subject, pointing at the pot, 'Or we won't have anything for lunch'.
She just nodded her head, dismissing us. Asking regarding how to prepare the dessert next.