You're Mine, Forever ~ Chapter 39

Chapter 39

After that invigorating bath, I slowly tapped my body dry with a towel. I took his bathrobe and donned it, loving the smell of him, soothing my senses as I breathe in. Hugging myself, I get out, hoping to see him standing there in the middle of bedroom, waiting for me in unguarded anticipation.
But to my dismay, he was nowhere in sight. With my hair still dripping wet, I went out in search of him.
As I slowly walked down the spiral staircase, my heart was thudding loudly, so naturally it does that. Because tonight is the night.
I'm gonna confessed what I was hiding inside my heart.
There's no holding back.
I'm gonna take my chance of forever with him.

But he wasn't in the living room, nor is he in his study where he usually stays at. My barefoot felt the tiled floors coolness. I hugged myself tighter as I opened the glass door, thinking he might be outside.
The night air met me that I gasped in response.
He was there, standing infront of the swimming pool. Still wearing the same clothes he wore at mom's. His tall sillhoute can be clearly seen. The pale moonlight cast a shadow unto him. He was talking to someone from his mobile phone. I frowned slightly for his right hand was holding a picture frame. My eyes widened in recognition for it was a picture of dad and I. I got it from my old room in our family home as a simple remembrance before.
I took it as to make me feel more warm and at home here.

I was about to go near him when I heard what he said to the person on the phone.
'Next month', he said in a hissing voice, he sounded almost angry. 'No, no, that's taking too long for you to be done with it'.
Paused.
'No, I didn't tell her yet'.
Paused.
'Yes, Carol had the plane tickets'.
Long paused.
Then he said with too much conviction,
'I'll see you there'.
He turned off his phone wothout saying goodbye and I heard him cursed an expletive, then he turn around.
He was surprise to see me.
'How long have you been standing there?' he asked carefully.
'Not long. Who was that on the phone with you?'
'Ah...', he hesitated then put his phone inside the back of his pants pocket. 'Greg. I asked him to do some paperworks for me', then he grinned.
He walked towards me and kissed my temple.
'You're going to catch a cold wearing just that. Hmm... You had your bath. You always smells great', he grabbed my butt, kneading them and started kissing my nape.
'Where are you going?' I asked, I don't want his touch to stop me from inquiring.
He groaned. Still kissing me, ignoring my question.
I pushed him away and stared at him blandly, showing him my defiance.
He sighed and run his left hand thru his blonde hair.
'I'm going on a business trip'.
'A business trip? Where?'
'France, I'm flying there next week'.
'And you didn't tell me?!'
'I'm telling you now'.
I scowled, crossed my arms against my chest, showing him I'm upset and angry.
'I was scheduled to go today but I cancelled the flight for you wanted to have lunch with your mom', he explained.
I bit my lower lip. Guilty coz the lunch date wasn't planned and I made the decision for him to do so.
'Okay, so how long will you be gone?'
'Two weeks.'
'Two weeks?!', I feel like a dummy for I kept repeating his words.
He nodded
'And you didn't even inform me?', a question I asked more to myself than to him.
'I did now'.
'Don't you start smart mouthing me!', I scathingly remarked.
'What?!', he was puzzled I said that.
'Goodness! I have a husband who keeps a lot of secrets from me', I said turning my back from him.
'I'm not. Nic--'
'Oh yes you are?!', Pointing my right index finger at him, nodding vigorously in emphasis. Not wanting to hear his reason.
He stopped and took a deep breath. His temper not far from boiling.
His face is flushed. Oh God, that's how he looks like when he just had his orgasm. Damn it! He's making me horny.
'Let me go with you', I said in a quiet whisper.
His frown deepened. He was taken aback by what I said. He didn't expect I'd say that.
'I can't take you along with me. You'll get bored there for I won't be able to keep you company and you have work here too', he said in a careful manner, as not to hurt me. He came towards me and wrapped his arm around me again.
'I'll ask Tori to stay here with you so you won't be alone in the house. You can go shopping and start redecorating as what you once wanted'.
'But I wanna go with you', I said pouting, burying my face against his muscled chest.
'I'll be very busy with our business transactions and meeting with some bankers baby'.
'I want to trust you Eric'. I said above a whisper. A weak argument but it's my last draw.
He became silent while I waited for him to respond.
Then he took a deep breath and to my surprise gently lifted my chin and looked me in the eyes.
'You can always trust me Nicolaa', he said with a serious look on his face.
I slowly nodded my head.
He frowned, he knew my mind wavers.
'Okay then', he gave in.
I hugged him close, so grateful.
I was estatic for I've won.
I smiled devilishly to myself, burying my face upon his chest.
This heart belongs to me.
No way will I let that Portia Arradi to take it away from me.
No way will I let her win him.
Over my dead body.