You're Mine Forever ~ Chapter 13

Chapter Thirteen

A round of applause was heard when we arrived at the wedding reception hall. The setting was well-prepared courtesy of his mother and one of the most sought after wedding planner in the country. I was wearing a white off-shoulder vera wang dress that fitted my body perfectly. He was the one who chose it, said he wanted me in it. I couldn't seem to say no to this man. Every time he wanted me to do something, I did them without qualms and resistance. He was wearing a black tuxedo now, but during our wedding he was wearing a white one. His looks made plenty of women howl like wolves that even my family weren't immune to them. That face could turn a snake into a saint. Anyway, this was our wedding party and I was in the mood to free myself.

'May I have this dance?', he inquired. I didn't notice that all eyes were on us. Of course, the first married couple dance. Even that must be performed infront of these people.

I nodded my head and gave him a wide, uneasy fake smile. I gave my trembling hand to him and he assisted me over to the center of the dancefloor. I started getting jittery nerves again. Everytime I got close to him, I seemed to do that without preamble. Shocks! So scary!

He ushered me close into his arms and we started dancing slowly. He was a good dancer, so great in fact that I kept tripping on his feet. He laughed.

'I'm sorry. I seemed to forget the dancing part. We should have sent you for dancing lessons before we got married', he gave me a wide, cheeky grin. His eyes captivated me.

I caught my breath. Then I realized he was teasing but still it hurted my ego. So I answered defiantly.

'To start, I wasn't a very good dancer and we shouldn't have married at all', only he was able to hear my response but I saw the pained look in them or rather was it a pang of anger? His eyes were spitting blue fire now.

'I see. Do you want a quick divorce, then?', he challenged me right there on the dance floor.

The nerve of this arrogant man! As if I could do that?

'Only if you will leave me and my family alone, Mr. Morisson', I was getting mad by the minute. I wanted to scratch his beautiful eyes out.

'Them, I might. But you, I can't promise that', then he swung me around and was facing the crowd with my back to him. He placed his lips near me. To others, we might look like a loving couple enjoying our first dance.

'There's something about you Nicolaa that I just can't resist. I love being near you all the time. I know you hate me now. But trust me, you will learn to love being married to me soon', Eric whispered against my ear then kissed my cheek.

I felt a shiver ran through my spine. He swung me around again until I was back in his strong arms. My heart was beating so fast and so was his. I was speechless. For the first time in my life, a man I hardly knew made me mute. I closed my eyes and placed my head over his shoulder, smelling his masculine scent. He hugged me tighter towards him. I heard him sigh. Our bodies were so closed, I could feel every muscles of his moved. We continued dancing, and for once the people around us was forgotten.

***

'I love it when she walked down the aisle! Oh my god! You're so beautiful Nic. No wonder he fell hard for you!', my friend Lana said excitedly.

'He was looking at you with his eyes filled with so much love! Oh, you little slut! How did you snare him?', Tom, a gay childhood friend. He was working as a supervisor in a restaurant.

'Hey! Hey! Quit that! You're confusing sis here. Let her do the talking next time. She needs to rest her mouth for later', Jodel gave me a teasing look.

'What do you mean?', Mina and the rest of us frowned, we were all confused.

'Well, you know. For the tsk! tsk!', Jodel gestured her right fist pumping towards her mouth up and down while her tongue was moving in her inner cheek.

My eyes went wide.

They all laughed. Oh my! They were expecting me to do that!

'I bet my house on it, he's a biggy!' Jodel again.

'Aww! Lucky you!', Tom shrieked.

'Oh shut up, Tom!', me.

'Well, he is a tall guy', Mina said teasingly.

'Mina, not you too', I wailed. My face was all red now.

'If you want him to enjoy your wedding night, you have to act like a bitch around him tonight', Tom, obviously he was enjoying this conversation and stripping Eric naked in his mind.

'I'm not listening to this', I said but I was smiling. My friends were so supportive to turn me into a whore on my honeymoon. Not that there would be one. I felt a small pang of regret. Why did I asked him the honeymoon question before and pretended to be relieved when he told me he wouldn't force me if I didn't want to? I felt like brooding and pulling my own hair out. Stupid me!

Then, I saw Tori walking frantically towards the wine table. Misty eyed and looking like she wanted to cry. I frowned.

'E-excuse me, I'll be back guys', I stood up and hurriedly went towards her direction but stopped on my tracks. Eric's brother cam after her and they were exchanging words and acting animatedly but I couldn't hear them for the boisterous music was too loud.

Looks like they were fighting! But why?!

I searched for Eric in the crowd with my eyes and I saw him watching them with a frown on his forehead, too. However, he was still engaged in a deep conversation with some old folks whom I have met awhile ago as members of the board in their company.

I took my eyes off him and saw that both of our younger siblings were gone.

Where did they go?

I scanned the crowd with my eyes again but they were nowhere to be found. Then, I saw Eric talking to his brother with both hands on his hips as if reprimanding him but the younger man was grinning now.

What's going on?

'Nicolaa...', Mom.

I turned around and saw her reaching her mobile phone to me.

'Tori,' she stood beside me and listened.

'Hello'

'Nic, I'm sorry but I have to go. My professor called me up and she said I have to be at school in the morning. Enjoy your night. I love you' , Tori said, trying to sound apologetic. She was a poor liar though but I let her go.

'Thank you. You be careful. Drive safely. I love you, too', I smiled to reassure mom who was looking worried.

'Okay, bye', then she hanged up.

It wasn't like her to leave like that but I will be asking her about the fiasco later.

'What did she say?', mom, still frowning.

'School. Something about an exam', I lied then I look away. Hoping she wouldn't ask more questions. I was becoming an expert now doing that. Thanks to my newly appointed husband.