You're Mine Forever ~ Chapter 43

Chapter Fourty-Three

Shawn drove us to a very familiar place. A place that I missed visiting the most.
It was the City's famous old museum where I usually go to aside from the park before I met Eric.
'Did you bring your phone with you?', Tori asked as she prepares to get out of the car.
'Yes, it's in my bag', I said thoughtlessly. My brain is in a blank surface.
'I'll go get it', Shawn offered, he must have thought I lost my wits.
'W-what are we doing here?', I stared and asked Tori, absentmindedly.
She just flashed me a smile.
'Come now, they're waiting', Shawn said after locking the car doors and offered me his right arm.
'Give me her phone, she might drop it', Tori.
'Who are they?', me, asking about whom Shawn is referring to.
To some people I must have looked laughable. I really don't have a clue what's going on here.
But they both ignored me.
We walked the steps with Tori right behind me until we reached the landing of the massive front door.
Shawn as the gentleman, opened it for us.
I can visibly see the dim lights from inside, at the far corner of the building.
'Ladies?', Shawn gestured us to enter.
'Isn't this suppose to be close at this time?', I asked.
Both of them didn't answer me.
Yet again, I'm talking to the air.
They both walked ahead of me as we were passing thru some old-age antiquities and relics. Each of those items has their own stories to tell and are a part of our history.
Suddenly, we stopped right infront of another massive door.
I frowned. I don't remember going into this room before. It was off-limits to the public.
'Where's the scarf?', Tori hissing, whispered to Shawn.
'Relax woman, I got it', he took it from his inside coat's breast pocket and handed it to her. 'Here'.
'Turn around', she instructed me, smiling.
'What? Why?', I giggled nervously as she covered my eyes with it.
'Don't remove this, okay?', Tori said excitedly.
I nodded.
'Make sure she can't see', Shawn.
'I know', she fixed it. 'All done', Tori said afterwards.
'Ready?', Shawn.
'Ready', Tori.
I heard the door opening then they assisted me to walk inside the room.

After atleast ten steps...

'Here's your phone. Don't take your blindfold off not until someone tells you to', Tori bossingly said, handing me my mobile.
'Yes ma'am!', I said eagerly, grinning anxiously.
Unknowing I was already left alone in that room by those two not until I heard the door closing.
I bit my lip.
I started fidgeting.
Gosh! The suspense is killing me!
I stood there momentarily awaiting what was to come.
Impatiently waiting.

Then I jolted when my phone rang. It resonated upon the large room.
I almost dropped it.
I answered it automatically.
'Take your blindfold off', Eric's soft voice instructed from the phone.
Then he hanged up.
I frowned but did what he said.
My eyes opened slowly then squinted, the bright lights from the antique chandeliers pained my eyes a bit.
I blinked rapidly then focused on something on the wall right infront of me.
My eyes widened.
Affixed there, about the same height as mine, is a painting of an angel with large wings surrounded by white clouds, who look exactly like me.
I gasped.
Slowly walking towards it, assesing his great work of art.
Then my eyes uneasily wandered about the room. One by one I started viewing atleast a hundred pieces of framed paintings of me in various sizes.
This is his surprise?!
Too astounded of what I'm witnessing, my eyes filled with tears. I nervously covered my mouth in shock.

He painted me?!
But why these much?!
I started laughing, crying at the same time. So overwhelmed with mixed emotions.
Most of the paintings are drawn in wild, vivid colors.
There are paintings of my face in different angles.
Paintings of me in the beach.
Paintings of me sitting in a cafe with a coffee cup on the table.
Paintings of me walking in a sidewalk.
Paintings of me lying down on a bed of roses.
Paintings of me standing at the edge of a cliff.
Even paintings of me semi-naked in a bubbly bath.
Provocative paintings of me standing beside a fireplace wearing a dark red robe.
Paintings of me lying on a satin made bed with a blanket flirtatiously covering my private parts for which it made me laughed hysterically.
He made me look like a Greek Goddess in those.
But mostly, there were paintings of me sitting on a park bench with my face gazing longingly at a distance.
Just like the painting I saw in his office.
So that means, I was she.
I was the woman in his dreams!
I lost count how many paintings are there.
Still in a fuzz, standing here looking at more than a hundred Nicolaa's staring back at me, my phone rang once more.
I answered it, with my hand slightly shaking, tears falling rapidly from my eyes.
'H-hello', sniffing. Trying to compose myself.
'Is this Nicolaa?', Eric.
'Y-yes', I whispered.
'It's me'.
I bit my lip. Recalling the prank phone call I had before in the hospital.
'Oh Eric', my face crunched up. I wanna cry like a baby.
'Please turn around', he asked gently.
I did so, slowly.
Wearing a dark suit that made him look more handsome, suave and gorgeous, he stood there, with a lopsided grin on his face.
His phone still upon his ear, he started walking towards me. Carrying a bouquet of roses. Just like the one I had during our wedding.
I started sobbing, biting my knuckle. He's reliving the past.