Condemned If I do, Condemned If I Don't (Cont. Part 2/3)

SCENE SEVEN: SHIKAUNO VS. OTHERS

Shikauhno quickly reacts to grab Shizukana but the person deflects her swiftly.

Shikauhno's eyebrow twitches in irritation, "I'm guessing you're the last one left."

They stand before Shikauhno like a knight, holding Shizukana to the ground with both hands. They are slightly shorter than Shikauhno so they look up at her.

The person unravels some of the bandaging around their face. They appear to be a female. She has dark brown skin and her left eye is a magnificent, radiating ice blue color. Her right eye is closed with an x-shaped birth mark over it. 

SCENE EIGHT: NANI VS. KING

"Your punishment has something to do with those chains doesn't it?" Naninatso questions King.

Instead of answering Naninatso he repetitively yanks at his own chains.

"Those chains connect you to that cross and I bet you can't break free from it no matter what."

King speaks in a quiet, raspy tone, "Punish. Punish." He tugs at the chains sharply.

He points a bony hand at Naninatso, "Free." He points back to himself, "Punished." He speaks slowly, carefully enunciating each syllable.

He points back at Naninatso, "Free." 

Then back at himself, "Punishment."

"Freedom, punished."

King continues, "Heavy. Heavy....heavy from..."

Suddenly King opens his mouth wide and begins wailing at the top of his lungs. Tears pour out of his eyes as he shouts in a crazed manner.

Naninatso runs towards him and stabs him in the shoulder while making direct eye contact.

King drops his head without making a sound. 'This is crazy, he really does want me to hurt him. But why?'

Another piece of the thorn begins to disappear from King's head. Afraid, Naninatso quickly draws back his sword and backs away.

Naninatso watches a piece of the crown of thorns disappear and he feels a new piece grow onto his head. Blood trickles down the side of his head and he comes to the realization, 'No way. He's using me to make the transferal.'

Naninatso carefully touches the crown forming on his head, 'This whole time I thought I was gaining the upper hand but I've just been playing into his hand like a mindless fool. I don't want to find out what happens if this thing finishes forming.'

SCENE NINE: MAKU VS. ?

Maku doesn't respond so the man spouts on, "Here I was having a nice long nap and suddenly I was disturbed by a loud, annoying buzzing in my ear. I couldn't ignore it so I followed it here. And even then it still wouldn't quit. So in essence you could say I got rid of Aiddo, a piece of my mind for a peace of mind." Aiddo finally disappears into nothingness.

The man crosses his arms, "He didn't flow with the rest, always breaking off like a wild animal." 

Maku realizes, 'In other words, Aiddo was just a fragment of his true capabilities. So he's an Apostle. This isn't good; my body wants to shut down.'

"And I know who you are, that being said I have no interest in you, or any other humans for that matter."

"Then what do you want?" Maku questions.