Cross to Bear (Part II)

SCENE EIGHT: SHIKAUHNO VS. S.O2

The chain attached to Shikauhno is now around S.O2's right arm and neck. S.O2 bears her teeth as she tries to unwrap the chain from around her neck.

As S.O2 struggles she grabs Shikauhno's other arm.

Shikauhno utters in a cold tone, "It's pointless. Now you're the one that's bound."

Shikauhno yanks down hard on the chain to bring S.O2 to the ground. S.O2 falls down to her knees. As she falls to the ground she pulls off Shikauhno's arm warmer. It lands on the floor next to her.

The camera reveals Shikauhno's arm; bruises, scars, and burn marks cover the exposed skin.

S.O2 hangs her head down in defeat and softly speaks in a flat tone, "Once you remove the covering our scars are still visible. They'll never fade."

Shikauhno listens to her intently.

S.O2 continues, "Can you truly handle seeing the scars again?" S.O2 looks up at Shikauhno with sorrow in her eyes. Another tear falls from her eyes.

SCENE NINE: NANINATSO VS. KING

The camera is close up on King's face. He has tears and blood emerging from his eyes.

While advancing towards King to attack, Naninatso thinks, 'Before I take that book I want to see exactly what it can do.'

Naninatso places Angelus on his back. He holds both arms out and REI wraps around his arms loosely. 'Time for you to shine MEI.' MEI grows over REI and begins to cover the length of Nani's arms.

He runs over to King as MEI continues to grow and harden. He punches King in the face. IN SLOW MOTION the camera shows a close up, right before Nani's fist hits King's cheek, MEI covers Nani's entire fist. 

King is hit with the impact of MEI from Nani's fist.

King's head quickly snaps to the right and blood flies from his mouth. Despite this powerful blow he still clings to his book tightly. 

Naninatso punches him repeatedly.

SCENE TEN: SHIKAUHNO VS. S.O2

Shikauhno turns away for a second. She then remembers the words Naninatso spoke to her, "Your scars may be permanent, but the pain behind them can forever be erased if you allow it."

Shikauhno turns to look at her other and states, "My scars will always be there but even so, they've molded me into who I am today. I can't allow the shame to hold me back," Shikauhno shakes her head, "No, not anymore. I'm learning to embrace the bad with the good. Whether I like it or not I accept it. And now I feel it's my season of good." Shikauhno's face brightens up, "My season to smile!"

S.O2 stares at Shikauhno with shocked eyes. Her somber expression turns into an irritated grimace. She stands up and thrusts her shoulder into Shikauhno.

Shikauhno doesn't move out the way but allows her to run into her. She growls as she collides into Shikauhno.

"Fear, fear is telling you you can't be happy."

"Shut up," S.O2 utters to Shikauhno, striking her.

Shikauhno continues to speak, "You're afraid that the moment you smile everything will come crashing down." S.O2 knees Shikauhno in the chin.

Shikauhno stumbles back and buckles to the ground. Shikauhno talks through the pain, "You're afraid it's too good to be true."

SO.2 shouts and the more she hits Shikauhno the more Shikauhno's chain shortens. However, since she is wrapped with Shikauhno's chain she is slowly getting lifted into the air along with Shikauhno.