In The Beginning (Final Part)

SCENE TWENTY-FOUR:
She closes the gate behind her. And scans the area; on one side of the wall there is a tin trashcan and a couple of cardboard boxes, and on the opposite side is a large dark blue dumpster.

Shikauhno lifts up the lid of the dumpster but finds that it is full to the brim. She shuts it and decides to hide behind it. She crouches with her back to the dumpster.

She reaches into the jacket pocket and pulls out her cellphone. She uses the black screen of her phone as a mirror in order to see behind her. Small rain droplets fill the screen of her phone. 'I don't see him anywhere.'

She then unlocks the screen of her phone. She begins dialing 911 when she remembers, 'Wait, the number here isn't the same...'

Shikauhno begins dialing random three digit numbers to jog her memory.
'Why can't I remember?'

Shikauhno finally dials 110 . She puts the phone to her ear and  it begins to ring. A woman picks up the phone on the second ring, "Ryojima Police Department, please state your emergency."

"He's chasing me, I'm hiding behind a dumpster."

"Okay ma'am, who's chasing you? Can you tell me where you're located?"

Shikauhno looks around, "I...I..."

"In order for me to send help I need to know your location, ma'am."

SFX: Gate being destroyed and unhinged

From a distance Shikauhno hears him declare, "Marco..." silence answers him back and he replies, "You're supposed to say 'polo'."

'No, I can't risk it.'  Shikauhno presses the end button, ending the phone call.

SCENE TWENTY-FIVE:
The camera shows him walking into the alley that Shikauhno is in. The gate is now hanging off of its hinges.

SCENE TWENTY-SIX:
Shikauhno uses her phone in order to see him. She sees him walking towards her and tightly grips her phone. Her heart begins beating loudly and quickly.

SFX: Heart beat

Shikauhno looks across to see a chipped kendo stick sticking out of the trashcan.  Despite the rain and cool air Shikauhno is sweating.

"The human heart is such a delicate little thing isn't it? Hearing yours so loudly makes me want to rip it out." He chuckles devilishly.

He continues to walk on taking his time, "I must be getting closer, Marco!" He can hear Shikauhno's heart beating louder and clearer with each step he takes.

SCENE TWENTY-SEVEN:
'He's getting closer. What should I do?' Shikauhno glances across at the kendo stick inside of the trashcan.

SCENE TWENTY-EIGHT:
He smiles widely as he continues walking closer and closer to the dumpster. The camera focuses on him and Shikauhno suddenly speaks. "Why are you doing this?"

"Hmmm?"

"You have a family; a wife and daughter. You have the perfect life. So why are you doing this?" The camera shows the back of Shikauhno, she is again using her phone as a mirror to watch the man.

He slowly comes to a halt, "Me? A family?" He cocks his head.

"You're Ryo Yamano, aren't you? You were on the news; you're supposed to be missing."

"Ryo?" The camera closes in on his eyes. It shows the inside of his brain. His brain conjures an image of himself enjoying a meal with his family.

He looks himself up and down, "You mean this body?"

"What?" Shikauhno questions.

"On the outside I may appear to be that man, but he's long gone. All that's truly left of him are worthless memories." He points to his mind. The rain begins to pour more heavily.

"Then...who are you?" Shikauhno stands up and the camera focuses on her.

He ignores her question and the same weapon reappears in his hand.

Shikauhno whimpers, "Oh god...what are you?"

He grimaces, "How ironic, those were his last words...BEFORE I TORE HIS HEART OUT!" His voice is a multitude of tongues speaking in unison and his eyes glow red.