Condemned If I do, Condemned If I Don't (Episode VIIII)

Book One, Chapter 9

Condemned If I do, Condemned If I Don't

ISAIAH 59:7-8 ESV

→ " Their feet run to evil, and they are swift to shed innocent blood; their thoughts are thoughts of iniquity; desolation and destruction are in their highways. The way of peace they do not know, and there is no justice in their paths; they have made their roads crooked; no one who treads on them knows peace."←

SCENE ONE: MAKU VS. AIDDO

Maku raises the frozen crowd in the air, they are on a platform formed by MAshido.

MAshido raises them at least four stories high and surrounds them with an extra protective orb.

Maku strains as he lifts the people up and sweat glides down his temple.

Aiddo glances between Maku and the brain form hovering above his hand in amusement.

After settling the crowd in the air Maku studies Aiddo observantly. He remembers the gold bangles around Aiddo's wrist and ankles and notices that two of them are missing. 'So they aren't just for show.'

The front area of the brain lights up, that is the frontal lobe.

While eyeing Maku's brain he announces as if reading Maku's mind, "No, they aren't."

The two bangles around his ankles turn from dust to solid repeatedly,"They are what's left of my brain. My thoughts and cognition."

Aiddo continues to explain, "I momentarily sacrificed my mind to search yours. Pieces of me broke off into your blood stream and traveled to your brain where it has attached itself. You and I are becoming one so to speak. And my mind is now able to feed yours. Like a hatchling receiving nutrients from its mother."

He locks eyes with Maku and mockingly adds, "See for yourself."

Maku's eyes flashes gold.

A flashback is displayed from when Maku saved the crowd from the arrow, except it's from Aiddo's perspective:

SILENT FLASHBACK:

The gold bangle around Aiddo's upper arm begins to disintegrate into gold dust.

Inches before the arrow reaches him, Aiddo opens his gloved hand and holds his palm out. The arrow stops in midair as if obeying his silent command and turns back around.

Maku prepares to shield himself but the arrow passes him, heading towards the crowd of frozen people.

Maku realizes the arrow is meant for the civilians and instinctively reacts.

"MAshido!" He utters.

MAshido forms quickly into a platform shaped like a long-board. Maku jumps onto it and races towards the crowd as he "surfs" in the air.

Maku catches up to the arrow and reaches out for it. Before he can grab it, it speeds up.

Meanwhile Aiddo is standing motionless with his head down. He is frozen like the rest of the crowd.

Flashback end

Aiddo smiles, "From here on out, you see what I want you to see."

Maku's eyes change back to normal.

Aiddo's personality shifts and his exclaim continues, "Can you feel it? Can you feel me inside of you? Oh isn't that lovely!"

He continues in the same giddy tone, "And along with that I have recreated your brain."