Happy Birthday (Final Part)

SCENE TWENTY-TWO:

Shikauhno opens her eyes to see someone standing over her. Her eyes widen in fear and before she can react she is already pinned to the bed by this male interloper.

Shikauhno kicks and tries to scream but the intruder overpowers her and covers her mouth.

The person is wearing black skinny jeans with a chain hanging from the pocket, black boots, a beanie, a long sleeved hooded jacket. There is a blue and black guitar case strapped to his back.

His entire body sits on top of her and he holds both of her arms down while staring her straight in the eye.

He eventually tires Shikauhno out and she stops fighting back. Her chest heaves up and down as she tries to catch her breath.

"You know me..." the intruder calmly explains. Unsure of what to say Shikauhno stares at the man inquisitively yet with fear in her eyes.

He releases her right arm and pulls down the hood of his jacket. He also removes his beanie.

It happens to be the man who rescued her from "Ryo Yamano."

He stares at Shikauhno reassuringly, waiting for a response. Instead, she swipes at his face with her free hand and a line of blood appears across his right cheek.

He pins her down again and brings his face over hers. Shikauhno has a razor in her right hand. Though her arms are pinned she still clenches the razor.

The razor has blood on it and she slowly releases the razor from her grip.

Since his head hangs over hers his freshly cut cheek bleeds and falls onto Shikauhno's face.

"Who are you?"

"I helped you." The man states in a matter-of-fact manner.

Shikauhno comes to the realization of who he is. "You killed a man, you killed Ryo Yamano." Shikauhno corrects him.

"He was after you and he was going to kill you first." Another drop of blood falls from his face.

Shikauhno shakes her head, "No, you had no right. Why? Why did you help me? I was ready to...to..."

"Give up?" He finishes her sentence.

"You don't understand." Shikauhno weakly answers turning away.

"If you wanted to throw away your life that day, then why did you run?"

Shikauhno doesn't answer his question.

"Tell me, what are the dynamics of your faith Shikauhno?"

Shocked, Shikauhno looks him in the eye, "How do you know who I am?"

Instead of answering her question he persistently voices, "Faith is assurance; believing in your heart and knowing for yourself undoubtedly. Within faith lies conviction. So tell me, what are the dynamics of your faith?"

She answers, "What is there to have faith in?" She scoffs, "People, God?" Shikauhno looks away and another drop of his blood falls onto her cheek.

"If you believe in something believe in it wholeheartedly and if you don't believe, be adamant in your disbelief. You think faith is useless yet you display it every second of your life. Even now. How can one not believe in something yet practice it every waking moment of their life? Do you think about every breath you take or every time you close your eyes?"