In Time (Final Part)

SCENE THIRTEEN: THE NEXT DAY, TAKANASHI RESIDENCE

Kujo's father is watching television. The camera is focused on his face as he listens to the news.

A female reporter is speaking, "Many civilians are concerned for their own health and the health of their families. There has been unconfirmed claims that a gas leak or an unknown substance has caused every civilian, myself included, to black out and forget the events of the past two and a half days. Could this possibly be an anomalous continuation from last week in which the city lost 20 minutes of time? Or could these be two separate situations? Is there a rational explanation behind this mystery or is this a result linked to the obscurity of Black Onda?"

He watches in silence when a voice says from behind, "The unknown sure can be petrifying." It is the old man, John. He adjusts his glasses.

Mr. Takanashi folds his arms and shuts his eyes before retorting, "There are scarier things."

"Shall I call your son? Breakfast is hot and ready." John gives a warm smile.

Mr. Takanashi rises from his couch and adjusts his tie.

"Leaving already? You haven't eaten?" John questions looking concerned.

"I'll go get him; we have something to discuss anyway."

He walks upstairs and enters Kujo's room.

Kujo is laying in bed with a towel over his head. He looks over to his dad, "Dad."

"Feeling better?"

Kujo sits up, there are droplets of sweat on his cheeks and forehead, "Yeah. I mean yes sir."

"Then you'll be going to school."

Kujo remains silent and his father pushes, "You've rested long enough."

Kujo argues, "Getting rest and being unconscious are two different things Dad."

"You're still going to school."

"Yes sir," Kujo sighs.

"Also, where is it?"

"Huh? Where's what?"

"Pleading ignorance? Just place it back where it belongs. If that doesn't happen by the end of the day we'll have more to discuss."

He stands up and says before exiting the room, "Breakfast. Now."

Kujo sighs and throws his comforter off of his body, "Whatever."

SCENE FOURTEEN: JIYUHEIWA HIGH SCHOOL

Shikauhno is bowing to Mr. Tatsuhata respectfully, "I'm sorry I didn't complete the assignment. There was a family emergency and I-"

Mr. Tatsuhata chuckles, "It's okay. The entire city was in its own sort of emergency. The principal advises we give all students an extension with all things considered."

"Thank you," Shikauhno says relieved.

"See you tomorrow."

Shikauhno bows then excuses herself.

She approaches her shoe cubby at the entrance of the school to exchange her Uwabaki slippers for her normal shoes.

Kujo is next to Shikauhno with his hands in his pockets, "Hey."

Shikauhno eyes him questionably, "Hi."

Shikauhno moves passed him but he follows behind her.

Noticing, Shikauhno retorts, "If you don't like people walking behind you what makes you think I do?"