In Time (Episode XII)

EPISODE ELEVEN RECAP:

In the previous episode, STRIPES, Maku and Shikauhno arrive to Nani's location only to find out he is captured and bound by King's shackles. Shikauhno engages King in battle as Maku tends to Nani's aid. As Shikauhno is fighting King, an unknown assailant appears on the scene. The masked individual informs Shikauhno that it is possible to help Nani and offers his unfeigned advice. Shikauhno is reluctant and suspicious, however Saku convinces Shikauhno to hear the unknown individual out. The mysterious assailant further explains before disappearing that in order to save Nani they must kill him. The Remnant must decide whether or not to adhere to those words and Saku, along with the help of Maku precede with a plan to stop Nani's heart. As Saku and Maku are tending to Nani Shikauhno keep King preoccupied. Saku cuts Nani's breathing off in order to kill him but in vain. The shackles fail to disappear and he continues to be dragged within in the cross. In this episode, will Nani be saved from the fate of his vile crucifixion? 

Book One, Chapter 12-In Time

ROMANS 13:11-12 KJV

→"And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed. 12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light."

SCENE ONE:

Saku speaks aloud, "Don't these marks look like more than marks to you? They're all different, unique..."

Maku finishes her thoughts, "Like scars and wounds."

Saku's eyes widen, "This is..."

"A crucifixion," they utter in simultaneous realization and worry.

The cross coffin is less than an inch from closing.

Saku and Maku exchange tacit nods. Saku places both of her hands on the cross and strains through gritted teeth as she fights to keep it from closing.

The entire cross becomes surrounded in MAshido and glows a brilliant yellow.

Maku and Saku shout as they expend all their energy on saving Nani.

The blemishes and markings of the cross began to fade away like water washing away marked sand; the surface of the cross begins to appear renewed and marless.

Saku opens her eyes and shouts, "It's working!"

As Maku continues, beads of sweat sprinkle his forehead, and two veins emerge on both sides of his temples.

Suddenly, one of Saku's hands slip and the coffin closes on her right hand, chopping off the tips of her fingers.

Saku falls to her knees, cradling her wounded hand.

A concerned Maku shouts, "Saku!"

She manages to speak, "You can heal me later, just keep going."

After exerting all of his energy Maku finally gives in to the exhaustion and collapses to the ground.

Saku stoops to Maku's side and checks to make sure he's still breathing, "Maku?"

Saku shakes Maku's body but he is unresponsive, "Maku, Maku. Get up. Come on, get up. Maku!" Worry seeps through every syllable of her words.