The Quiet Storm that is My Heart (Part II)

SCENE SIX: SPIRITUAL WORLD

The glass shards come at her and cut her all over like a tornado of glass. She tries to escape the "tornado" in vain.

Shikauhno drops her mirror piece, lowers her head, and curls up to protect herself, forcibly having to endure the "storm." The shards cut and rip her flesh and clothes.

Her other laughs maniacally and Shikauhno suddenly hears Saku's voice, "This is nothing. This is nothing to you, Shikauhno."

Shikauhno recalls her training with Saku.

FLASHBACK:

Shikauhno is covered in bruises, grime, and scratches. She has a cut on her forehead and two on her right knee.

Saku is handling Shikauhno roughly and effortlessly. She slams Shikauhno to the ground; repeatedly kicking and punching her.

Shikauhno groans and yelps in pain with each hit.

Saku is brandishing a strange weapon. Her right and left hand are locked into a glove-like device with jagged knuckles. The gloves are connected with a long bungee string, similar to a handcuff's design.

Saku is wearing a backpack rigged with a rubber straw attached to it. She takes a quick sip from the straw.

Saku holds her palms out, both hands spread far enough to make the bungee-like cord taut. Shikauhno shakily stands herself up and wipes her face off.

Shikauhno yells in frustration and comes at Saku. She throws a clumsy punch and Saku uses the bungee cord to wrap around Shikauhno's wrist.

Shikauhno tries to throw another punch with her free hand, but Saku counters it by wrapping the bungee around that wrist as well.

She then pulls Shikauhno towards her with much force and knees her in the stomach with a heavy blow.

She continuously knees Shikauhno.

Shikauhno begins crying and grunting in pain and frustration.

"Does it hurt?" Saku asks with an empathetic-less tone.

"Y-yes!" Shikauhno chokes out through gritted teeth.

"This should be nothing to you." Saku responds.

With each kick and knee to Shikauhno's abdomen Saku says, "This is nothing."

Saku releases her and says, "Make yourself numb to every punch." As she says this she tries to punch Shikauhno but Shikauhno dips to one side, barely evading the punch.

"To every kick!" Saku retaliates with a high kick to Shikauhno's chest.

Shikauhno stumbles backwards trying her best to stand her ground.

"And most of all, numb yourself to fear. To ensure that whatever weapon is held against you will not overcome you."

Shikauhno clutches her chest and falls to all fours, wheezing and catching her breath.

As Shikauhno struggles for air Saku squats next to her and preaches, "The pain you're feeling now is nothing compared to the hell you had to go through as a child."

Saku lifts Shikauhno's chin up and continues, "Physical pain is shallow; it's limited, only capable of penetrating the body. Whereas, emotional and mental anguish is much more fatal. They can leave the mind and the heart scarred and ruined; crippling you for a lifetime."