Chapter 36

When I got to school everyone was coming up to me saying "I'm gonna vote for you." I was so confused!

Turns out China and Jamie thought it was funny to nominate me as Prom Queen. Why!? I don't want to be Prom Queen! I never did!

When up to them "What the hell is wrong with y'all?!"

Jamie laughed "Sae queens don't cuss!"

I want to punch her out "I'm not laughing!"

China put her hand on my shoulder "We thought that you would make a good queen."

I rolled my eyes "Well who's running for king?"

They looked at each other "I don't know."

"I'm not gonna even bother asking" and I walked away.

~

I didn't ask anymore about Prom Queen or King. I didn't even bother figuring out who else was running.

I got home and told my mom. She laughed and laughed like something was really funny!

"Mommyyyyyy it's not funny!"

"It is."

"How? Why?"

"Cause I already knew. China and Jamie called me and I thought it was a great idea."

I face palmed myself "All of y'all play entirely too much!"

"What, I just thought you'd make a good queen."

"Why? I don't even have a date to the prom!"

"It doesn't matter. You can't shine by yourself."

"Thanks mom but I think I'm good."

"Ok Sade, I love you."

"I love you too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*DAY OF PROM*

I was in my class waiting for the announcements to come on to say we can leave.

After 5 minutes it came on "All juniors and seniors may now leave for pre Prom preparations."

I put all my stuff in my locker and left.

When I got home I took a shower and washed my hair. I blow dried my hair, pin curled it, and wrapped it. I took a light nap so time could pass by.

After a little nap it was about time to get ready. My mom did my make up it was a very natural look. I took the clips out my head and brushed through my curls. From the neck up I looked flawless, but neck down I had on leggings an a tank top.

I took all that off and put my dress on. My mom zipped me up, and helped me with my belt. I put on my gold accessories, hoop earrings, rings, and a necklace. I grabbed my gold clutch and put on my gold glitter pumps. I know it seems like alot of gold but hey.

I walked down stairs and my mom had tears in her eyes.

"Mom don't cry I still have senior prom." I laughed and hugged her.

She laughed and dried her tears "My baby is getting old."

She took plenty of pictures of me. The whole time I was thinking this would be so much better if I had someone I cared about by my side. Initially I thought of Chris but then I thought back to me and Eric always talking about prom.

A tear rolled down my face.

My mom hugged me "It'll be okay."

"Thanks."