Chapter 35

Prom was next month so me, China, and Jamie were looking for dresses.

Yes me and Jamie made up, I was stupid to be mad anyways.

China and Jamie had dates for prom so they were really excited... As for me, I was gonna stay home and watch Netflix all night. But the girls insisted that I come with them. So now I'll be fifth wheeling. Yaaaay ! 😒

I looked through a few dresses. I didn't know what to look for because I didn't plan on going. Meanwhile Jamie and China had their top contenders in their hand.

China had a red strapless dress with a high slit on her right leg, it started with alot of bling at top and got less and less blingy at the bottom.

Jamie had a two piece. The top was a strapless black sweetheart lace crop and the bottom was a long white a-line skirt with black polka dot.

Both of there picks were cute but I was still left with nothing. I walked to the back of the store and I finally saw the dress. It was a navy blue mermaid style dress with a gold metal belt around the waist. Paired with some gold heels this could be my dress.

I tried it on and fell even more in love with the it.

We all paid for our dresses and left.

I got in the back seat of Jamie's car when Chris started calling me. Ignore!

I've been ignoring him since that day at school. It was for the best because if I talked to him I would probably give into him if he asked me to be with him. But I had to hold my ground and stay strong!

China looked back and said "That's the 11th time today just answer."

... I gave in

"Hello?"

"Hey Sade."

"Hey."

"I just called to say I'm sorry."

"For what? Your not ready, I understand."

"It's not that I'm not ready. I'm confused. I gotta think about this."

"You were the one who said you'd wait for me."

"I know."

"You don't know what you want. Ima just go."

~ end of call ~

"Well, that went well" I said.

China said "Yeah."

~

They dropped me off at home after we ate. I showed my mom my dress. She loved it!

"So do you have a date?"

"Nope. I'm be solo beside being with 2 couples."

"Aww fifth wheel?"

"Yeah."

"What about Chris?"

"Nooooo. I guess you can say we're not friends."

"You guys are so complicated!"

I laughed "Whatever."

She stood up and kissed my forehead "Everything gets better Sade."

I hugged her "Thanks mom."

~~~~~~

Next chapter is the last chapter 😣

Vote. Comment. Follow.

~Maddy 😘💕