Chapter 31

Today was the first day back to school and I did not want to go.

I got up, took a shower, did my hair, and all of that.

I put black skinny jeans, a navy blue Love Pink jacket, and navy blue tall Uggs.

I got to school and like any other day Chris was at his locker. I went to my locker and tried to act as normal as possible.

"Hey Chris."

"Wassup."

I was just kinda quiet after that. Then Chris walked away.

I said to myself "Wow. That was really awkward."

Jamie walked up to me "What was awkward."

"Ummmmm... Nothing."

I got my stuff and when to class.

~

I saw Chris periodically through the day. I didn't say anything to him, he didn't say anything to me. It was kind of like we didn't exist to each other.

I want to be with Chris, I really do, but I can't.

I wanted to catch him at his locker at the end of the day.

For what? I don't know.

But when I got there he was gone. He must of left early to go see the baby.

I just grabbed my stuff and got in my car.

~

"Mom I'm home."

"We're in the kitchen."

We?

I looked and it was Darnell, Chris' dad.

Really!?

"Oh hey Mr. Singleton." I put a fake smile on my face.

"Hey I came to talk to your mom about my new grand kid."

"Oh ok."

I started walking to my room.

As I opened my door. My mom yelled to me "Oh yeah, Chris is up there."

My mouth dropped open.

"Hey Chris." I said awkwardly.

"Hey."

"I thought you would of been at Janae's house seeing the baby."

"I couldn't go today."

"Oh."

I just looked around awkwardly. This is not good. My mom doesn't even like Chris! Why would she let him in here?

"Sade I didn't come here to try to get you to change your mind. I just came as a friend to talk."

"Ok, well let's talk."

~

Chris told me his full life story. He told me everything from elementary school. He told me about middle school and why he bullied people. He told me about the party where he got Janae pregnant. He told me about his family.

I felt so much closer to him. I had to just hug him. We were like real bestfriends, I knew everything.

Everything except how he feels about our situation. But it was okay. I was just happy we were in a good place now.

After a while he left with his dad.

I was so happy me and Chris were friends.

😌