Chapter 7

"Hey Sade."

I started to sweat "Um hey Chris."

There was an awkward silence. I turned away after about two minutes and went to my room.

There was a knock on my door after about 10 minutes. Chris came in and said "Your mom said it was okay for me to come up here while her and my dad talk."

Why mom?

"Okay, you can sit anywhere."

"What you doin'?"

"Homework. Do you know anything about that?" I laughed.

He laughed "Maybe."

He came a sat on my bed. "Why are you so mean, and rude to me?"

I never though I'd have alone time to actually talk about it with him.

"Maybe cause you put me though so much. I'll never forget those 3 years. I never felt safe, not one day went by without somebody teasing me." I had tears running down my face.

"Sade I'm sorry. Don't cry. I hate seeing pretty girls like you cry."

"It's okay. And I'm really trying to be your friend, but it's so hard to be friends with your so called 'enemy'."

"It's okay."

He hugged me, it felt so good. He was actually confronting me. He wiped my tears from my eyes and got me tissue. We looked at each other. I saw him leaning in. And for a second I leaned in too. But I couldn't do this to Eric!

I shook Chris' shoulders and asked "What are you doing!?" "What did it look like I was doing?" he sighed.

"Well it looked like you were about to kiss me!"

"Okay you know. So can we?"

"No!"

"Why?"

"Well for one we both got a parent downstairs. Two I got a boyfriend! And three friends don't kiss."

"Okay I'm not gonna push you to kiss me, you'll do it when your ready." He laughed

I giggled "That was funny. Cocky much?"

He smirked "Just a little."

"So how often you going to be here since our parents have that big project?"

"A lot. 5 days out the week for 2 months."

"That's too bad."

"Yeah. It's gives us time to hang out."

"Definitely!"

•••••

After Chris and his dad left my mom and I ate dinner.

"Chris seems like a nice boy." my mom said. "Yeah, he's cool." I said while pushing my food around on my plate.

My mom never knew about me being bullied. It's over and I plan not to tell her.

"How long are y'all going to be working on the project?"

She thought about and said "About 2 months."

I already knew, I just wanted to confirm it. So looks like the next 2 months I'll be spending with Chris. This should be interesting.

I finished and went to my room. I took a shower to help me think.

I like Eric and he's good to me. Me and Chris have a bad history. But I'm starting to like Chris and we almost kissed today. BUT I stopped him because I do care about Eric. I just don't know. I'm conflicted. I'll definitely sleep on it.

I got out the shower and grabbed my phone. I texted Eric.

|Hey babe 😘|

It was an hour before I got a message back.

Eric 😜😊 |Hey 😍|

I was a little upset but I let it slide.

|What you been doing?|

Eric 😜😊 |Homework. I had a lot. What about you|

|Nothing. Same.|

I decided to leave the part out about Chris because I don't know how he would react. But probably not well.

Eric 😜😊 |Cool. But I'm tired so I'll see you tomorrow babe 😘❤️ Good night!|

|😢 Okay 😘 Night|