Chapter 40

(In the evening, at the beach)

No One POV
That evening Chaeyoung brought Mina to a beach after cruising in the car for quite long.

"It's been awhile I went to the beach" Mina said smiling as she got off the car.

Chaeyoung took a mat from his car, he found a great spot and laid them down on the ground.

"The air is nice.." Mina said as she sat down but Chaeyoung noticed Mina felt cold. He took off his jacket and covered Mina.

"Aren't you feel cold?" Mina asked.

"I'm okay" Chaeyoung smiled. Chaeyoung went back to his car to get something.

"What else he's going to bring?" Mina asked herself, she smiled looking at Chaeyoung was busy carrying something.

"I got us some drinks and snacks!" he shouted from afar showing the plastic bag on his hands and went back to Mina.

"Snacks" Mina's eyes widened and stared at the plastic bag.

"I bought this earlier in case you'd feel hungry" Chaeyoung said.

Knowing that it was too cold, Chaeyoung gathered some sticks and lighted up a small fire in front of them.

Mina looked at him feeling amused. After the fire lighted up, naturally Chaeyoung sat next to Mina and covered their legs with a blanket he found on his car.

Chaeyoung took out something from the plastic bag.

"Takoyaki!" Mina was excited to see the food and both of them started to eat them to fill in their tummy.

"It's been a long time since I last ate takoyaki" Mina stated.

Mina then turned to Chaeyoung. She giggled when she saw there's a bit of mayonaise on the corner of Chaeyoung's lips so she decided to take some tissue from her bag.

While Mina was looking for some tissue, there was a book slipped out from the bag.

"Is that your favourite book?" Chaeyoung's eyes landed on the book.

"Which book?" Mina asked and she then gave Chaeyoung the tissue to wipe his mouth. He took it and hurriedly wiped his mouth.

"That book" Chaeyoung pointed.

"Ahh this book. I read this book so many times. I like how the author write the story.."

"Who is the author?" Chaeyoung asked.

Somehow it felt like he knew about the book.

"C. The author was being mysterious. I heard he refused to take any interviews or got his picture taken even though his books are sold out" Mina said and that made Chaeyoung chuckled.

"I wonder why the author is being mysterious" Chaeyoung blurted out.

"Guess what? I heard his second book was out earlier. I already booked it online. Hopefully I would be able to get one as his books are all fastselling. And personally, it would be better if the author reveals himself coz I'm so dead curious how does he looks like" Mina sighed.

Chaeyoung just grinned listening to how Mina wants to get to know the author.

"I didn't know you'd read that book" he said.

"I love to read books especially before going to sleep. Books always give me company at night"

"They say that people who loves to read tend to be a romantic person.." Chaeyoung said.

"Is it? eyy~" Mina was blushing.

"Of course. That's a compliment. Honestly I feel happy that I met you.." Chaeyoung said honestly.

"It was unexpected but I feel happy too" Mina said.

Chaeyoung quietly looked at Mina's face, admiring her beauty face. Her gummy smile melted him.

As Mina could felt the stare from Chaeyoung, she turned to Chaeyoung, quickly he looked away and pretended that he was looking at his watch in which he suddenly remembered something important.

"1 more minute!" Chaeyoung said after looking at his watch. Mina looked at him weirdly.

Chaeyoung hurriedly opened up two canned drinks and gave one to Mina. They tossed and drank it. Right at that moment, there was a sound coming from the opposite of the beach and colorful lights were on the sky.

"Fireworks!!" Mina squealed like a 5 years old kid.

"Do you like it?" Chaeyoung smiled looking at Mina who enjoyed the fireworks.

"Of course I like it. Who doesn't like it? but why there are fireworks?" Mina said.

"It's an event from me" Chaeyoung giggled.

He felt proud that he asked his secretary to prepare the event.

"Gosh.. why would you do such thing?" Mina said.

"I just want us to date romantically.. so that's why I prepared this.." Chaeyoung replied and Mina smiled.

"Gomawo.." as Mina said that. Chaeyoung gave Mina a peck on her left cheek.

Her cheeks turned really red like tomato. Both were enjoying watching the fireworks then Mina mustered her courage and gave a peck to Chaeyoung's right cheek too. Chaeyoung really liked it.

"Oh yeah. Do you want to know something interesting?" Chaeyoung suddenly said. Mina nodded.

"Put your right palm like this" Chaeyoung lifted his palm up with the back of the hand facing the sky and Mina followed.

"Then..?"

"There'll be something shining.." Chaeyoung said as he quietly taking out something from his pocket.

"Shining?" Mina said confused and suddenly she smiled widely as she was being tricked.

While she was looking at her palm, Chaeyoung sneakily put a ring on her fourth finger.

"What's this~~" Mina said shyly. It was obvious she really liked it.

"You're mine.." Chaeyoung said.

Hearing that from Chaeyoung, Mina turned to him. The two then looked at each other for quite awhile until Chaeyoung finally made a move.

Slowly, Mina closed her eyes as Chaeyoung's face getting closer to her face. They kissed. Both were kissing passionately under the moonlight.

— To be continued —

Vote & Comment 🙆🏻‍♀️