Chapter 35

Chaeyoung POV
I accidentally pressed the call button and gosh it rang.

"..Hello?" Mina's voice was heard on the phone making me feeling nervous.

"Mina-ya.." I said her name nervously.

"Chaeyoung?" goodness.. hearing her voice making my heart beating so fast.

'Why is it beating so fast? abnormal heart rate count' I said to myself, as I touched my chest.

I became quiet because I didn't know what to say to her yet I didn't want to hung up either.

"Chaeyoung-ah? did you just accidentally called me?" Mina asked.

"No.." I denied.

"Eyy.."

"But anyways, what are you doing right now?" I calmly asked her.

"Hmm.. just looking at the stars right now" she said and I hurriedly went out to the terrace and looked up the sky.

"Yeah. The stars are really beautiful.." I said.

"..like you.." I added. OMG! what did I just say? but she's really beautiful like the stars on the sky.

"Can you come and meet me right now? I'm crying right now" Mina said.

I was flustered when she suddenly sounded so serious and asked me to meet her.

"Hmm.. sure. Where are you right now?"

"At the playground near my house. Come here within 10 minutes"

"Arasseo" I didn't know why she acted that way but knowing that she asked me to meet her, I hurriedly took my coat and went out. I ran with all might to reach where she was at.

Sweating, panting and whatnot I just didn't care anymore. That time, I just wanted to see her. I don't know why I felt that way.

"Shit! 10 minutes almost up.. I should run more faster" I said as I looked at the watch.

"Mina-ya" I tapped her left shoulder as soon I reached the playground.

I was relieved that she still stayed but then she was indeed crying. I felt my heart hurt seeing her like that.

"You really came.." she said and I could see a tear rolling down her cheeks.

"Why are you crying?" I asked her wiping her tears that rolled down.

"I.."

"Wae? was your dream weird or something?" I asked, knowing that she always acts differently from her dreams.

Mina shook her head. I offer my shoulder for her to cry on. For five minutes, she just cried without saying anything.

"You're hurting me if you're like this.." I didn't know why I said that.

"Can I ask you something?" she then looked at me with her teary eyes. I nodded.

"Do you only take me for granted? seeing how you're trying to get closer to me.." she said in a solemn voice.

"What are you saying?" I did not understand why she said that.

"I know you're just getting closer to me because you know my ability now.. to you I'm just a fortune-teller, nothing more" she sobbed, this time harder.

"Huh? Wait.. says who? I guess there's some misunderstanding here" I said which then she turned to me with a confused look.

"Why you always appear in front of me?" she said hitting my chest lightly.

"Because I like you! no.. I think I love you, Mina-ya" I suddenly confessed. Mustered up my courage I took one of her hands and put it on my chest.

"Do you know that my heart beats crazily whenever I see you? you're making me lose my focus when I'm at work and I always feel uneasy when I don't see you, everyday.." I said. She was just stunned from what I said.

"Maybe before I do thought of you as someone who could help me for business.. I was really blinded by my greed but then, you know what? as time passes by.. when I kept on seeing you, my heart slowly opened and that was the time you slowly entered my heart. And.. here I am, running to you when you asked me to meet you. Because.. I miss you. I don't want you to be alone. And, I've already gave myself a deep thought that I really wanna ask you out for a date. I'm being serious and I really mean it. I don't want you to think me as taking advantage over you or anything bad but I want you to think me as someone who really loves you and someone who wants to take care of you for the rest of my life.." yeah there you go, I said it.

I felt somehow relieved that I managed to confess to her although it wasn't a plan to confess to her that night.

"Why did you just say it now?" she hit me lightly again. I chuckled seeing her cute action.

"Do you love me?" I asked and she nodded quietly.

I couldn't hide my smile. I was really over the moon. And in instant, I kneeled down in front of her.

"Mina-ya.. would you be my girlfriend?" I said it bravely. I didn't care if there were other people watching us as long as I could get a yes from her.

I looked up to her and still waiting for her answer.

"What would you like to hear from me?" gosh she suddenly in the mood to tease me.

"Of course I'd like to hear a yes. A big YES" I responded.

Few seconds later, she finally gave me the answer.. "YES!" omg it felt surreal.

I hurriedly stood up.. our eyes were locked. Then I placed my hands and cupping her face, slowly I leaned and give her a peck. Looking at her again.. she slowly placed her hands on my waist. I knew that was the sign that she gave the permission to kiss her more.

I placed a mischiveous kiss again.. and then I started to kiss her, waiting for her to give me an access to let my tongue in.. as I could felt our tongues were touching.. we french-kissed in a perfect harmony. We kissed and kissed to the point we didn't realize that it really lasted longer than we expected.

As we stopped kissing.. both of us felt quite shy but to reduce the shyness, I opened my arms to let her hug me and I could really hug her all night long.

"I love you, Mina"

"I love you too, Chaeng" she replied and we both were smiling together.

— To be continued —

Vote & Comment 🙆🏻‍♀️