Chapter 6

(At Son Fashion Co., after work)

No One POV
"Thanks for the treat yesterday CEO-nim" everyone said to Chaeyoung, when he was about to go to his car.

"You all have worked hard" Chaeyoung replied, smiling and then went straight to his car.

"Send me home" Chaeyoung said to his driver.

"Nae" the driver responded and started driving.

Chaeyoung was looking outside the window of the car while humming to the music which then he abruptly asked the driver to stop the car.

Chaeyoung actually saw a girl walking towards the convenience store. He hurriedly got off his car and decided to follow the girl without making any noise.

He entered the convenience store and quietly looking at the girl buying something.

"How much all of this?" the girl asked the cashier at the counter.

"20,000 won" the cashier responded and Chaeyoung suddenly cleared his throat.

"I'll pay that" Chaeyoung said. The girl turned to the voice and she was surprised to see Chaeyoung was behind her and he paid the bill amount.

"Why are you payin-.." Mina said slowly. Chaeyoung then took the plastic bag with the things Mina bought and dragged Mina outside the convenience store.

"Follow me" Chaeyoung said and he brought Mina to a fancy italian restaurant. Mina had no choice but to follow him. The two of them were then seated at a table. Chaeyoung ordered the food for the two of them.

"Why are you bringing me here?" Mina asked raising her eyebrows. Chaeyoung smiled before he answered it.

"I just want to return this" he then put down the folded umbrella that Mina gave him few days ago on the table in front of Mina.

"Okay.. but why.. are you treating me to a meal?" Mina asked again.

"Because I wanna say thank you and also I've something to ask you.."

"You're curious isn't?" Mina responded looking at Chaeyoung.

"Hmm yeah.."

"You're going to ask me about those things but I don't think I should tell you"

"Why not?"

"Because you won't believe me if I say it"

"What do you mean I won't?"

"Nah. Maybe next time" Mina responded coldly.

"Here's your food sir, maam. Enjoy!" the waiter served the food and the two began to eat their meal quietly till they finished their food.

"Thanks for the food Mr.." Mina said. Then Chaeyoung suddenly took a napkin and wiped the end of Mina's lips making Mina was a bit taken aback.

"I'm Son Chaeyoung. You can call me Chaeyoung" Chaeyoung replied.

"Ahh Mr Son. I'm Mina"

"You can drop the honorific so don't call me Mr Son"

"I can do that but it's still awkward for me" Mina said.

"Anyway thanks for eating with me although I didn't get the answer that I want from you" Chaeyoung said as he wiped his mouth and ready to get up from his seat.

"Gosh. I was literally dragged here but yeah thanks to you too" Mina said bowing a bit. She then took her bag and ready to leave too.

Chaeyoung paid the bills and he looked at Mina again.

"What?" Mina asked raising her eyebrows.

"Nothing. Would you like me to send you home?" Chaeyoung replied.

"No no thanks. I'll just ride a bus. Just worry about your girlfriend, she'll be causing you a trouble anytime soon"

"Ye?" Chaeyoung looked confused.

"Now I will take my leave then" Mina said smiling and really left the restaurant while leaving Chaeyoung thinking of what Mina was saying to him.

He then took his phone out and decided to call his girlfriend.

"Oh oppa.. I can't answer your call right now. I'll call you back" his girlfriend said as soon as she picked up the phone call and then few seconds later she hung up. Looking how his girlfriend was hanging up the call, he frowned.

(The next day)

Early in the morning, Jeongyeon woke up to jog at area not too far from his apartment. After spending an hour jogging, he went back to his apartment but on his way going upstairs, he saw a lady was struggling to carry things that looked really heavy. Jeongyeon felt that the lady was helpless so he decided to carry the things from the lady upstairs without saying any words. The lady was flustered.

"Err thank you.." the lady said after Jeongyeon put her things in front of her apartment's door. Jeongyeon just nodded and turned his back to go to his apartment.

"Hmm I'm Nayeon" the lady said. Jeongyeon turned his back and smiled.

"I'm Jeongyeon" Jeongyeon bowed a little before he went inside his apartment.

— To be continued —

Vote & Comment 🙆🏻‍♀️