Chapter 1

Cassidy
I didn't want this to happen.... I was perfectly fine on my own, then he popped up and my life wasn't the same. Let me start from the very first day we met...

Wait... I forgot to introduce myself , the name is Cassidy De'Mornay Legend. I'm around 5'4/5'5 average height for an 18 year old. I stay to myself besides my best friend & a couple of people we chill with . I'm Dominican & black with a crazy ass past. But back to my day...

It was a regular sunny summer day in ATL. Instead of driving I wanted to walk, I was going to my best friend house but on the way stopped at Sweet Frog... Which I wish I hadn't.

Looking at the frozen yogurt I had a small amount of ice cream to choose from since I disliked everything else. I decided the strawberry frozen yogurt, you can't ever go wrong with strawberry can you?

I grabbed my cup and was ready to put my hand on the handle, my hand brushed against somebody and they grabbed the handle and there he was... His skin was a dark chocolate, he had beautiful teeth; they all were straight and no gaps. A beautiful face, some tattoos, but he was gorgeous.

I believe I started to drool, he had a type of beauty that my ex boyfriend never had. I was just staring at him for awhile thinking of things I could do to him then he knocked me out of thought. He had a little chuckle come out of his mouth, from his chuckle I knew his voice was deep and I was surprised I didn't just throw myself on him. I was embarrassed, but when he started to smile at me I could feel my cheeks starting to turn red. I doubt he would see it since I wasn't the lightest which I was happy about. But the creepy grin I had on my face wouldn't disappear.

After a couple of minutes of silence he broke the silence and said "you ain't got nothing to be embarrassed about baby girl, I'm Jayceon though." Did he call me baby girl? It took awhile for me to respond because I didn't process it at first. Looking up at him I saw that smile he had like I was "gone give him some"

I flashed a fake smile "yeah ... I'm Cas" it was a dry response but I started to fill my cup up and get the strawberries to put on top. His mouth was agape and he was standing there starting at me like he was surprise, as if nobody ever just walked away from him. By the time he moved I was at the door ready to leave but he came in front of me and stopped me "can I get your number ma?" Aw how cute. The smirk on his face and look in his eyes like he had this on lock. I had my head up high and waked away from him after telling him "no".

I didn't want a relationship and by the way he was looking at me he was going to try and start something and that was the last thing I need.

The last relationship I had it ended up with me having a broken nose, four broken ribs, and my face was destroyed. It took me forever to heal and after a year in abusive relationship I've never gave a guy the time of day to even talk to me. Although I have an "hard exterior", I was still fragile of the situation, even though it happened about three years ago I was still scared that any guy I gave a chance would hurt me... emotionally or even physically.