Chapter 29

Cassidy

Walking back into the house I started to hear faint voices of yelling as soon as I open the door. Debating on whether I should just come back later or leave them to discuss whatever they're yelling about.. Obviously i decided to listen...

"You've got to let her know! We both know what they did to her. So how would she feel once she realizes we have hurt her in so many ways and was never honest with her. You know she's going to feel betrayed and hurt if she finds out differently. So tell her Cassandra or so help me God I'll do it myself! In the end she'll know what every thing and when I say everything I mean it. So try me Cassandra things aren't looking good for you or is it Cassidy is my only child and we both know I'll pick her over you any day and anytime."

I did want to know what to know what I needed to know and what was going on. But him just saying that honestly did melt my heart. I know daddy did love me, but more than his wife? I knew I was his "baby girl" but I was adopted... He's honestly my uncle, but more of a dad. I choose to live with him because I knew that he would treat me as his own...

"You choose that little bitch over me? Over your wife. The one who adopted her without hesitation because you wanted her to be apart of our family? The one who listened to her cries all throughout the night when she was younger? Even when she got pregnant like a little hoe I still treated her like my own because of you! You. Not me. I was good with my three kids, but because of her Rodney dead. David was in jail and Monica a fucking hoe. So tell her all the shit you want too because guess who isn't going to care about the bi-" she never finished her sentence. Both of her children raped me? I never even knew she had kids. I actually thought she loved me and that she wouldn't say or even do anything like that to me. But I guess after 9 years you still wouldn't know somebody... It hurt me more than I think it should have. I was crying silently, hoping not to be heard. I just need to pack my bags and go far far away from here. I feel unwanted everywhere. If it's not one thing it's another. Maybe it's me that's the problem?

"Cassandra I'm not going to let you disrespect my daughter more than you already have. I loved you but you fucked up. You actually think I care about you after all the shit you just said about my child? You didn't have to accept Cassidy. But it just wasn't going to be a you and I. So now that I know that these kids who done hurt her ima kill they asses right in front of you. They're going to hate you, you know? Think that you set them up."

Hearing everything he's saying I wouldn't believe that he was the man that use to read me bedtime stories or sing lullabies to me.. Or the man who cried when I graduated.. His voice went from the voice I was used to, to something cruel... Like another person took his body over.

"Princess come here." he wanted her back? After everything he wanted Cassandra back after everything she said about me? "Bitch why the fuck are you walking? You ain't my damn princess. Better go find that nigga you fucked this morning?" I always thought that they were happy together. Wait who's his princess besides me? Maybe he replaced me like others have before.. "Cassidy..." her name is Cassidy too? Wait. Was he's talking to me? How did he even know I was out here?

I was ready to take a couple steps back and leave but dad's voice stopped me. "I know how you are princess, you can't run from all of your situations in life." I listened to his words. For the first time I actually believed that it was time for me to stop running. I need to fix all of my problems and find closure somewhere in between. I wasn't ready for a relationship or anything. I never experienced happiness in the last years.

I stepped in the doorway where dad and Cassandra was at. I looked up at him noticing the gun he had pointed at Cassandra. I just realized that I never figured out what I "needed" know. I was ready to walk towards him, but before I could a gun shot rang through the air and another one right after that. I felt myself falling, but before that even happened I was caught in somebody's arms.

Looking up into those brown hazel orbs which had specks of blue I knew who he was... His mouth was moving, but I couldn't hear anything coming out. Turning my head to the side hurt, but I managed. I saw a little girl, the little girl who looked exactly like me and the man who's arms I was in. Her eyes were a bright brown like mine, but had his hazel brown specks in them. I saw her take her last breath... How? My eyes were watering and closing at the same time, but I knew one thing I would fight this battle all for her.

-------
😋Michael in the mm. But I meant to post this a couple of days ago... But anyways I started the next chapter which she be up in a couple of days.. Excuse my mistakes & Vote 😋