Chapter 25: Crazy

Anna

My family is complete, my parents and my brother. The Tengs also here except for Jeron and Jeric. I don’t want to dwell on their whereabouts as of the moment.

My Mom pulled some strings to bring in Jenna. Everybody’s here to support me since they already saw our little angel when she was in the nursery.

My heart is beating so fast that I can barely breathe. According to the nurse, Jenna will be here in a few. We are all excited but I feel there’s something missing. I just shrugged it off and chatted with Almira.

“She’s the most beautiful baby in the whole wide world, Ach,” Almira said. I smiled at her dearly.

“I bet she is,” I told her.

“She looks exactly like you, shape of face, the nose, the cheeks, except for the eyes though. She got the famous Teng eyes,” Almira proudly said.

“Teng eyes agad, Shob? Nakita mo na bang dumilat si Jenna?” Tito Alvin teased his daughter. “Hindi pa nga dumidilat yun eh.”

Almira rolled her eyes to her father. “Excuse me, Daddy. I saw her open her eyes already.”

“Panung hindi? Ginawa niyo kayang tambayan yung harap ng nursery room. Kayo ni Mommy,” Achi Alyssa said. I smiled at them.

“Tita Belle was with us din kaya,” Almira said with a smug look on her face. I looked at my Mom and she has her guilty face on which made us all chuckle.

“Nobody can resist Jenna. She’s the cutest,” my Mom said. We all smiled and agreed to her.

“Even if I haven’t seen her. I know and feel that you’re all right. She’ll be an angel,” I told them.

“Duh, you’re the Mom, Ach. You’re kind of obligated to say that,” Almira said which made us all laugh.

“So you are saying that Mom was kind of obligated everytime she says you are pretty?” Achi Alyssa tried to tease her sister.

“Nope. She’s telling the truth,” Almira said in a blink of an eye with proud face. “Diba Mom?” we all looked at Tita Susan. She nodded like she has no choice because Almira was looking at her sharply. We all laughed at Almira’s expense.

“What did we miss?” I heard someone said when the laughter died down. We all looked to the door and it was Jeric and Jeron. It was Jeron who said that.

“Mom just said that you’re her ugliest child,” Almira abruptly said and suck her tongue out her younger brother.

“No, I’m not. You are,” Jeron rebutted. Almira just rolled her eyes at Jeron.

“Ahia, what are you looking for?” Almira said. We all turned to him and he seemed to be looking for something.