Chapter 18: Separated

Jeric

I’m in this lunch for almost two and a half hours already. And all I can think of is Anna. I’m checking the time every two minutes. I just want to go home. But the sponsors seem to be oblivious of my restlessness. They, actually it should be we but my focus is far away, are discussing the details of the contract.

I checked my watch again and my manager noticed it. “Jeric, stop it. Your sponsors might be turned off. Konti na lang to matatapos din tayo,” he whispered.

I sighed since I can do nothing about it. “Jeron should be here, right? Why is he not here? Magkasama kami dito diba?” I whispered to my manager.

“He has class. The sponsors know that he’s still a student and you’re here naman to represent the two of you,” he answered.

We continued to discuss the contract. Jeron and I will have a TVC for this product and we’ll be the face of the posters and flyers. The meeting adjourned and I was super drained. I can’t believe that these stuffs can tire so much. I checked my watch and it’s already 3 in the afternoon.

After we said goodbyes, we parted ways. I was in my car and decided to text Anna.

To: Anna Banana <3

Babe, I’m done. I’m sorry it took so long. I’ll be on my way home. I missed you and can’t wait to see you. Love you :*

From: Anna Banana <3

I missed you too. Come home safely baby. Love you too :*

I was smiling while I was reading her text. I was about to start the car when my phone rang. It was Tanya.

I swiped to answer. “Hey Tans, what’s up?” I greeted.

“Hi Jeric, I’m sorry to disturb you but we have a problem with the suppliers for the house. Can we talk about it? I already talked to Almira but I really need your approval on this,” Tanya said on the other line.

“Can we talk over the phone? I’m on my way home,” I told her.

“I’m sorry, Jeric but that won’t do. I need you to see this. And if we postpone this, we’ll be delaying the construction for a month,” she said.

I thought about it and I can’t afford the delay. I want the house as soon as possible, hopefully before Jenna comes out. “Okay. Are you in the firm?” I asked.

“Yes, Tito Alvin’s here too,” she said.

“Okay. I’ll be there,” I told her. My heart sank. Why does this things have to come up all together? This is frustrating. I took my phone out and dialed Anna’s number.

She answered quickly. “Are you driving?”