Chapter 29: Impossible

Jeric

“Today is my day,” I told myself the moment I opened my eyes this morning. I was smiling like an idiot as I walk my way to the bathroom.

Some good vibes music play in my head as I move to the beat of it. I started singing.

“Ahia, para kang timang. Anong meron?” Jeron said. He was still on the bed, probably woke up because of me. Apparently he was watching me.

“Today is my big day,” I said to him, gestured like I’m gonna shoot him with my index finger and thumb and winked.

“What’s up with you? You look overly happy. Para ka ng ewan,” Jeron said.

“I told you it is my big day,” I smiled and went inside the bathroom leaving my baby brother hanging.

I took my extra special ritual for this day. I took my time, ignoring Jeron’s whining outside our bathroom door that I was taking too much time and it’s his turn. He eventually got tired and shut up.

I dramatically opened the door like in a musical. I found Jeron in front of our TV. He already looked dressed up.

“Antagal mo, Ahia, talo mo pa si Dichi. Kina Mom na ako naligo,” he stubbornly said like a baby.

“Don’t kill my vibe baby brother,” I said and smiled at him.

Jeron was about to say his comment when our door swung open. It was Almira. Right after she opened the door she made face and wrinkled her nose.

“What is that smell? Who used perfume as water while taking a bath?” she asked.

“Not me,” Jeron said and pointed to me. I just grinned at my little sister.

“What’s up with this one?” Almira asked Shoti. Jeron just signaled he has no idea. She crossed her arms in front of her chest and gave me a questioning look.

“Wait! You’re going to Jenna’s welcome home party, aren’t you? Are you sure? Does Achi knows about this? I thought you’re not to see her,” Almira suddenly said.

“Yes, yes and yes. She’s the one who invited me,” I proudly announced.

“Kaya pala pinaligo yung perfume,” Jeron commented on the side.

“Really?! That’s good to hear,” Almira said with a smile. I grinned at her. “Well, if that’s the case. Are you two ready? We’ll be leaving in a bit sabi ni Dad,” Almira informed us.

“I’ll bring my own car. Kayo na lang sumama kay Dad,” I told them.

“Okay. I’ll tell Dad,” Almira said

I was behind my parent’s car as we travel to the Lopezs’. Every cell in my body spells excited. I will see my babies today, not from afar. I can’t erase the smile on my face. When we arrived, my family went in first because I need to gather my composure first. I need to tone down the adrenaline first. I checked my appearance on the rearview mirror, took a deep breath and went out of my car.