Chapter 2: Diamond

Jeric

Almost a year ago, I graduated happy and today I need to return the favor. Today is Anna’s graduation day, so I prepared something for her. She made me the luckiest man when I graduated and I hope I can reciprocate it.

So now, I’m just waiting for her to finish dressing up. And since she’s taking so long, thanks to my sister who’s been all over Anna for her get-up on her graduation day, I tried to reminisce the year that has gone by.

I’m in PBA now, with Rain or Shine. My career is doing great as Anna and I were doing excellent. Anna, on the other hand, continued and finished her degree in education. It’s her life-long dream to become a pre-school teacher. She loves kids. She adores them. And as a very good boyfriend, I supported her all the way as much as she supported me with basketball.

Anna and I are going to be together for a year in four days. And the past year had been the best for me and hopefully for her. I hoped I had loved her so much that I made her happy.

She definitely made me the happiest. It felt like everything fell into their right places at the right time. She introduced me to her loving parents, Tito Alberto and Tita Belle and to her younger brother Anthony. They were happy to see us together and welcomed me with open arms to their family.

And for a little background, Tito Alberto is a lawyer and Tita Belle is a doctor, specifically a pediatrician. Anthony is currently studying at De La Salle with a premed course. When Anna was younger, she would always come to her mom’s clinic and help out there. That may explain why she really loves kids.

So I’m very lucky that the Lopezs accepted me with open arms. Tita Belle said that they trust their daughter’s decisions and they were happy to see her happy that I apparently do to her.

We had a great year. I wouldn’t say we didn’t have our arguments, of course we did. But because of love we were able to surpass it. Meron ding mga tampuhan but we overcame it.

“Baby?” I went back to reality when I heard her. She’s in front of me with a nice floral, silently pink Sunday dress. Her hair is neatly hanging over her shoulder. She’s wearing natural and very light make-up. This is a simple look but it definitely brings out her beauty. Remind me to thank Almira later.

“Ahia, close your mouth please,” Almira ordered from the back.

“How is it possible that you’re still growing more beautiful as each day pass? And I already thought that you are the most beautiful yesterday.” I said as a matter of fact. She smiled.

“I know it’s supposed to be gross for me to hear that from my Ahia! But damn! That was sweet Ahia. I wish one day a guy would tell me that too,” Almira butted in interrupting what Anna was about to say.

Almira’s remarks made Anna giggle. “Your face is the best picture that my eyes could watch every day and your giggle is the best song that my ears could hear.” I said to her without blinking.

“Okay, that’s it. I’m outta here.” Almira said.

“Sagutin mo na kasi yung Nico Salva.” Anna said. Nico Salva is Almira’s suitor.

“Nope! Mayabang masyado,” Almira said picking her bag up from the couch.

“Hindi kaya. Mayado kang judgmental Shobe. Kilalanin mo muna,” I said to her.

“Whatever Ahia! I’ll wait for you two in the car. Be fast. The ceremony will start in an hour and we still have to travel. Achi texted me they’re already there.” Almira said.

“Yes, road manager.” I said which made me and Anna giggle. Almira stormed out of the room leaving Anna and I alone.

I reached for her and held her by her waist with my hands. “You’re beautiful.” I said.