Chapter 34: Vena Amoris

Anna

“I need you to promise me two things before we go,” Jeric said before we get off his car. We are in a parking lot of a tall building which I am very unfamiliar of.

“Let me hear them first,” I said, suspicious of what he’s asking me to do.

“First, please remove all the worries and anxiety within you. Jenna is fine with Shobe and Achi. Everything is well taken care of. Mom will help them,” he said and waited for me to agree.

“Alright but are you 200% that Jenna’s alright?” I asked.

“Of course, hahayaan ko bang hindi maging okay ang anak ko? Siyempre hindi. Jenna’s in good hands,” he said.

“Alright. What’s the next one?” I asked.

“Please enjoy the night, it’s our night. Please? No matter how this day would end I love you,” he said.

I raised an eyebrow at him, “What are you planning to do, Jeric?”

“Nothing. You said you don’t like surprises so I am telling you now that I’m going to take you into a ROMANTIC dinner,” he said. What’s with the smile and emphasis on the word romantic?

I gave him a very suspicious look. “C’mon babe, am I not allowed to take you out for a special dinner anymore?” he said.

“You are but there’s something eh,” I said.

“Since when did you became neurotic?” he said with a smug face. “Let’s enjoy the night, ayt?”

I looked at him for a while to gauge him and myself too. He really looks like he’s up to something. He’s smiling at me like I’m the only person existing in his world. And I am melting because of his beautiful chinky eyes.

Jeric is the best thing that ever happened to me. I know that now after all that we have been through. Without him, I wouldn’t have Jenna. My existence would have no meaning. And I am grateful because he feels the same way and he never lets me forget that. He has always made me smile. He’s made me feel every emotion known to man. He gives color to my life. And that’s exactly why I love this man, not because he’s a basketball superstar, not because he’s perfectly good-looking. But because he’s my match.

I know now what the missing part of me is. It’s not the trust or anything else. Right at this very moment, I already found it. I already found him and I am whole again. Jeric is my missing piece.

His face soften. “What are you thinking? You looked like you’re in a trance,” he said stopping all my thoughts.

“Nothing,” I said and smiled at him. “I promise to enjoy this night not because you prepared something for me but because I’m with you.”

He smiled at me dearly. “That’s my girl,” he said and moved closer to me and kissed my forehead. “C’mon,” he went out of his side and helped me out.