Chapter 1: Yes

Jeric

“Yes,” she mumbled while looking at the ground. She’s being her usual shy self again.

“What did you say?” I asked lifting her face by her chin.

“Yes,” she said while smiling shyly. Her face is turning pink.

“Yes?” I asked as it dawned me.

She nodded and smiled at me. A huge smile slowly crept to my face. She’s said yes! She’s my girl! I couldn’t contain my happiness, I grabbed her into my arms.

“THAAAAAANKKK YOUU LORD! Best graduation gift ever! Wooooooohhhooooo!” I shouted at the top of my lungs. I move a little away from her, only to face her.

“Thank you baby. I love you so much.” I said to her. She smiled in amusement of what I am doing.

“Shhh. Jeric, tama na yan,” she said while giggling.

“I won’t stop. You just made me the happiest man on Earth!” I said, still full of energy.

“You’re not the only lucky person in here Jeric.” She said in her usual sweet voice without removing her smile.

It made me stop from all the hyper movements. I looked her in the eyes and cupped her face.

“My ever humble Anna. Thank you for letting me love you,” I smiled and give her a quick kiss on her forehead.

“I love you Jeric.” she answered. My eyes grew larger. That was actually the first time she ever said that! I am utterly blessed. This amazing girl loves me. I couldn’t suppress my smile.

“Yes baby, believe it. I love you and thank you for loving me too,” She held up her hand and touched my face. I took her hand and kissed it.

“Ahia! Congrats!” I heard Jeron snickered from my back. I looked back and saw my family and some close friends watching me and Anna.

“Shoti, she said yes!” I shouted to my younger brother. Then everybody, including my parents, siblings and old teammates, cheered from the background.

I grabbed Anna and hug her as tightly as I could. She hugged me back while giggling.

“Uhh, Jec, I can’t breathe na,” She said. Oops!

“Sorry babe. I’m just so excited. You said yes,” I said to her again. She giggled again.

“Yes Jec, I said yes,” She warmly assured me. I think I heard the angels sing from the heavens.

Then there she goes with her beautiful smile again. I could watch her smile for the rest of my life.