Chapter 16: Winner

Anna

After Almira hit the doorbell, it only took 3 seconds before it swung open. A beaming handsome Jeric Allen Uy Teng welcomed us. Achi and Shobe chuckled behind me but I’m left dumfounded.

I miss my man, his face, his smile, even his mole. I miss everything about him. And we all thought it’s Jeric who has sepanx when it was actually me.

“Ahia, please move your face out of the way. These bags are heavy,” Almira complained from the back, raising the paper bags she’s holding.

“Squeeze your way in, Shobe. I miss my babies so much.” Jeric said without removing his gaze from my face. I giggled and pushed Jeric inside.

“What took you so long? I missed you so much though I knew it was you, babe. I can feel you right at the moment you entered the building,” Jeric proudly said which made us all chuckle.

“Bolero alert!” Achi Alyssa commented as she places the bags on the center table in the living room.

“And FYI, I rang the door doorbell. It wasn’t even Achi Anna,” Almira seconded the motion. Jeric just shrugged off his sisters and sat on the arm of the couch I’m sitting on.

“How’s your day?” He said and played with my hair.

“Sorry we got stuck in traffic. My day was fun. How about yours?” I looked up to face him.

“Miserable without you,” he wittily retorted.

“Save the sweetness for later after we leave. Where’s dinner?” Achi Alyssa said and looked to the direction of the kitchen.

“What dinner?” Jeric innocently asked.

“We thought you were telling us to come home because you prepared dinner, duh Ahia,” Almira stated with hand gestures.

“I didn’t say anything like that,” Jeric dismissed his sisters.

“Well?” Almira asked raising her eyebrow at her brother. “Aren’t you gonna do something about it? Hello Ahia! We’re hungry!”

“I thought you ate before you came here,” Jeric said.

“Uhh yeah?? Before we got stuck in traffic for an hour and a half. We’re hungry again. And in case you forgot, your girlfriend is pregnant she needs to feed another person inside her namely your baby!” Almira rented. Achi and I need to stifle our laughter at Almira’s remark.

Jeric, defeated, scratched the back of his head and went to the kitchen. “I’m doing this for Anna!” Jeric said before he went to the kitchen to prepare something for us.

Jeric made pasta marinara for me and his sisters for dinner. After we ate, his sister bid their goodbyes.

“I had so much fun, Achi. Thanks for letting me and Achi Alysh tag along. Let’s do this again,” Almira cheerfully said.

“We should definitely do this again,” Achi Alyssa excitedly agreed.

“Sure. That would be so much fun,” I also added.

“We’re just a call away, Achi,” Almira said.

“Can you just go? I want to be alone with Anna. You had her for a day” Jeric complained behind me. He wrapped his arms around my waist from behind. I playfully hit his arm.

“Don’t be rude to your sisters, Jec,” I told him. He just shrugged it off.

“Achi, ingat sa pagdrive,” Jeric said. “Text me when you get home.” Jeric may bicker a lot with his siblings but I always know he loves and cares for them so much.