Chapter 22: Bad Dream

Jeron

I feel like I’m in the Fast and the Furious movie right now. I’m driving gazillion miles per hour from school to where Dichi and Achi Anna at.

Dichi called me two minutes ago that Achi had an accident and I should go there now. Though subconsciously I’m still thinking why I’m the first person to hear this from Dichi. Maybe it’s easy to dial my number on her phone.

I know I’m not the direct person involved here but I feel like there are stampeding horses in my chest right now. Achi Anna is my sister now, no doubt about it. And I feel so worried about her.

My mind is in chaos right now. I can’t imagine how Ahia would feel about this. Speaking of him, of all the time in the world, why does he has to be MIA now? His timing sucks.

I can now see the building of the hospital. I immediately parked my car and got out of it. I’m walking in huge strides while dialing my Mom.

Mom was able to answer quickly.

“Shoti! What’s wrong? I missed your Dichi’s calls. Now that I’m calling her she’s not answering,” Mom said the moment I put my phone on my ear. Moms always feel when something’s happening to their children.

“We’re at the hospital, Mom. Something happened to Achi Anna,” I heard her gasp from the other line.

“What happened?! Where are you?” Mom asked, trying to be calm. I told Mom where we are and what little information Dichi told me. She said they’ll come here immediately.

I reached ER and found Dichi, more of she found me.

“Thank the heavens you’re here!” she said while dragging me a hallway.

“What happened?” I asked her.

“I’ll explain later. You need to be in there. Hold Achi’s hand and try to act like Ahia,” she mumbled while relentlessly dragging me.

“Why me? Why not you?” I looked at her puzzled.

“You somehow look like Ahia. C’mon hurry!” What? Now I’m totally confused. What is Dichi saying? We’re in an emergency and she’s talking about my resemblance to my brother.

She threw me in a room together with some sort of a hospital gown and its accessories. I wore the gown, clueless as to why, and went out. Dichi then is dragging me again to another hallway.

“Remember, you’re Ahia,” Dichi reminded again. “You’ll know when you get there.”

Dichi pushed me to a room filled with people in scrubs, delivery room I think. People were huddled over something I can’t see until I heard Achi Anna.

“Tita, I am not delivering anybody without Jeric,” I heard her say. She’s weak but there is still conviction in her voice. She knows what she wants.