Chapter 20: Busy Days

Jeric

From: Tanya Chang

You don’t owe me one Jeric. That’s part of the job description. I wish you and Anna luck.

I sent Tanya a message before going to her office. I told her to show Anna the details about Dad’s building and the details of the house should be kept secret. Thank the heaven that Tanya is fast to pick-up.

I kept my phone back to my pocket and helped Anna out of the car. We arrived at our building. We went up holding hands.

“Do you want to something from the kitchen?” I asked her after putting her down the couch. “You want water?”

“Yes and cookies please. The cookies are in my bag,” she said with her childish smile. I went to the kitchen and got Anna everything she wants.

I went back to the living room and found it empty. Anna was nowhere to be found.

“Baby?” I called for her.

“In here,” I heard her. I went inside our bedroom and found our walk-in closet open. I went inside with the plate of cookies and her water. I found Anna fidgeting over herself. She’s facing the wall/mirror and moving side by side to see her reflection.

“Baby, am I fat?” she asked without removing her gaze at her reflection. I laid the glass and the plate on the center table and stood beside the mirror.

“Not fat, babe. Nagkalaman lang naman at siyempre your baby bump,” I told her.

“Liar, I am fat. I can see it. Ang taba ko na kaya, Jec. I can feel I’m very heavy,” she said it like a cute little girl.

“Of course, babe, you’ll feel heavy because you have Jenna inside. And you’re not fat okay, you’re still hot for me,” I told her with a smirk. She just looked at me sharply for a second then went back to staring at herself.

“Huwag mo nga akong binobola, Jeric,” she said.

“Hindi kaya,” I retorted with a smile, Anna and her cuteness.

She kept on moving and staring at herself. She definitely looked displease with what she is saying. I move beside her and pull her by her waist, with her baby bump between us.

“Jec, please be honest. Pangit na ba ko?” she pouted.

 I have to smile. “The answer is an overwhelming no. You’re beautiful, Anna, even more with Jenna in you,” I told her and caressed the sides of her baby bump. “You are the most beautiful view I have laid my eyes on. So stop worrying, you’re still hot and beautiful.”

“Jec naman eh, niloloko mo naman ako eh,” she said.