Chapter 15: Sepanx

Anna

“Anna, you have to promise that you will tell Almira that you are tired when you are. Huwagnahuwagkangmahihiyangsabihanyun. When Almira starts to be annoying, call me or tell Achi. Once you feel something, good or bad, you have to immediately call me.” Jeric said.

He’s been keep on repeating his reminders on and on and on. He’s been saying this speech for gazillion times already. And he’s starting to be the annoying one.

“I promise.” And I have been answering him with this for gazillion times as well. “Babe, she’s your sister and she will never do something which will hurt her niece. Try to relax. We’ll be alright.”

Jeric sighed in defeat. He knows I’m right. I also know that it’s not About Almira, it’s about him not going with us. These past few months I have noticed that Jeric developed a severe separation anxiety with me whenever I get to do something without him.

“I swear, I could ask coach if I could go with you guys. They’ll understand naman eh,” he said again, he’s trying to convince me that he’ll skip practice again to go with us.

“Babe, maramikana ring absent from practice. I’ll be alright, I swear. If you want, I’ll text you every 30 minutes if it will make you feel better,” I told him.

“Babe, I told you when this all started that I’ll be with you every step of the way, I mean it, even if I have to go to shopping with Almira,” He voiced his thoughts.

“And you did, Jec. But you also have things to do and commitments to fulfill. And I’ll be fine. I’m going to be with your sistersnaman eh. So please stop worrying and hurry up. You’ll be late for practice.” I told him.

He paused for a moment and thought about it. After a short while he sighed. “Do you promise…?”

“I promise to call you when something comes up and when Almira starts to annoy me. I also promise to text you every 30 minutes.” I didn’t let him finish his question and answered right away.

He smiled and rolled his eyes. “Fine. You can go na but you have to keep your promise. If you’re a minute late in texting me, I’ll rush to you.”

“Yes boss!” I said.

As if on cue, we heard the doorbell rang. We both turned to the door and looked at each other.

“Open the door please,” I told him. He smiled.

“I’ll call Manang,” he said.

“Jeric! Angtamadmo! Ayanlangang door oh.” I pointed the door behind him.

“Eh kasinaman eh. Wait, Manang!” Jeric shouted at the top of his lungs. I looked at him disgustingly, only because of his laziness. He just smiled at me innocently. I rolled my eyes and him and stood up. He held me down and continued to smile.

“Baby eh, I’m sure Achi and Shobe will monopolize you later. I’ll miss you,” he said and side-hug me. My stomach was filled with butterflies because of Jeric’s sweetness.

So what I did was to shut my mouth and let him hug me. I also waited for Manang to open the door for us. We remained in the huggin position until we heard Achi and Shobe enter.

“Ahia, surrender Achi Anna na,” Almira said when she spotted us on the couch while hugging.

“30 minutes pa Shobe,” Jeric whined. I saw Achi Almira smiled on the side. She was holding a paper bag.

“We brought breakfast.” She said lifting the bag. She handed it to the helper.

“Ah Achi, Jeric already ate his breakfast. He’ll have early practice kasi,” I said to her. I’ve personally prepared Jeric’s breakfast earlier. “And in 20 minutes he’ll already be late.”