Chapter 23: Break

Almira

I just can’t listen to what’s Jeron is saying right now. This is absurd! A wonderful person like Achi should not be facing this kind of challenge in her life. She’s been perfect. How can the universe be so cruel?

And Ahia’s not here! She has no one to hang on to! Urgh Why does this have to happen now?! I know we’re here for Achi but Ahia’s presence would be so much great help here.

“What are they doing to Anna?” I heard Achi Alyssa asked Shoti.

“I don’t know. They made me choose who to save. I don’t know what to say. I know I don’t have the right to choose. Achi said she wanted the doctors to save Jenna before she passed out. Then Tita Belle went in and they kicked me out,” Jeron tried his best to relay what he’s seen.

My little brother looked traumatized. He may be a huge man but he looks like a disoriented little boy right now. Achi and I pulled him to seat.

Tito Alberto and Toni were both quiet but are obviously listening to us. I know they’re both in panic too but they’re trying to be composed. I can’t say that about me and Shoti though.

“Let us all pray that they can save Anna. I know they will. Tita Belle is there,” Achi Alyssa said, not only to me and Jeron but to Tito Alberto and Ton as well.

After the excruciating wait for who knows how long, the delivery door swung open. Tita Belle was the person who opened the door. It was evident that she has been crying the whole time. Her eyes were in panic in search for a person she can run into. Until she found her husband standing in the corner. Tito Alberto slightly opened his arms and Tita Belle run into him. He hugged her so tight as their son watched them.

I didn’t know I was crying, again, until I felt something wet dropped to my arm.

Jeric

The only thing I can remember from the whole flight, from the states to Japan to Philippines, was I’m thinking about Anna. I wasn’t able to sleep.

I wanted to jump out of the plane so I could be with here. I’m restless for the whole duration of my flight.

My body is tired but my consciousness is fully awake.  It doesn’t want to take a rest. It will never take its rest until Anna is in my arms again, safe and well.

When I arrived, I took huge strides of the airport and fought a lady for a taxi. I did get my way though. I almost made the driver fly his taxi to the hospital.

I already called Almira and she told me where they are. When I got to the hospital, I didn’t bother looking at anyone and went directly to where my Anna is.