Chapter 30: Happy Sunday

Jeric

I am looking at the picture Almira posted on instagram earlier. It was a picture of my own little family. We all look happy, even baby Jenna. I decided to open twitter but not to reply on the gazillion messages that I got.

@jericteng: You are worth fighting for. We deserve each other.  #fight #love

I pressed the tweet button. I put my phone back to my bed side table. I laid on my bed which I share with my brother. Jeron is in Taft now. He’ll be staying in their dorm for tonight.

I covered my forehead with my forearm. I tried to remember what happened earlier. I remembered Anna and Jenna. We were happy and having fun and all smiles. But at the end of the day, I saw how broken Anna was. She was not like this before. She used to be always happy and jolly. I never realized how much the pain she has gone through changed her. And I know I could’ve done something, if only I was there for her that day.

This makes me think that I making this so hard for her that I’m not letting her go when she wants to. But I can’t. Because if I do that, I will be the one broken.

But I still have hope in my heart. I also saw how happy she was when Jenna and I were with her. I can’t take my thoughts anymore, so I decided to call her. She answered after a few rings.

“Jec?” she said in her small voice.

“Did you believe me when I said I love you?” I asked immediately.

“What…” I didn’t let her finish.

“Please believe it. I love you, Anna,” I said immediately.

She paused for a moment, “I believe you, Jec.”

“Can I ask a favor from you?” I asked her.

“What favor?” she asked.

“Promise first you’ll give me one,” I said.

“Okay fine. What is it?”

“I know we can’t start over from the beginning because we already have Jenna. But can we please start over from where we are now? Anna I am desperate. I want you back. I want to take care of you, liligawan kita ulit, just please…” I told her.

“Jeric, stop thinking about things for now. I’m not going anywhere. Get some rest, please,” she said on the other line.

“I will. But promise me first,” I said.

“Jeric, you already know I love you. You said it so yourself. This is a very tiring day. I know you’re also tired. Let’s get some rest. Clear your mind. Tomorrow is another day,” I know she’s smiling on the other line. She believed the words she just said.