Chapter 11: Next Level

Chapter 11

Jeric

I’m on my feet when I heard Anna’s call.

“Je-Jec, bl-blood…” she said.

My limbs became automatic, my hands grabbed my car keys and my feet walked to my car. I was in my car in seconds.

Jeron went inside my car right after I did. He must’ve noticed my distress.

I was moving my car backwards when I saw my parents and my sisters looking at my car worriedly. Jeron waved at them like he’s signaling them that he’ll be with me and he will update them.

Those observations only took a fragment of a second. I’m all focused to Anna.

My phone is still on my ear. “Baby, what’s happening?”

I move my car out of the gate and we’re on our way.

“J-Jec, our baby,” I heard her call.

“Ate?!” I heard Toni screamed from the other line. He must’ve seen his sister.

“Ate anung nangyari?” Toni said as I heard noises from the other line.

“Help, my baby.” Anna cried.

“Anna?!” I called out.

“I’ll bring you to the hospital,” I heard Toni said. The line went off and all I can hear is the tinging sound of cut line.

I gave my phone to Jeron. “Call Toni,” I ordered.

Jeron didn’t utter a word and followed what I said. I saw him tap something on my phone and held it to his ears.

“Tons… Okay… San kayo?” I heard Jeron say. He nodded and turned to me.

My brother and I went to the hospital where Toni brought Anna. My eyes were focused and I didn’t say a word while we’re on our way.

When we arrived at the hospital, I directed the car in front of the emergency room. I immediately went off the car without turning it off. I know Jeron will take care of it.

When I reached the white-walled room full of people wearing green scrub suit, my eyes lingered to look for my Anna.

My heart is beating so fast, like it’s pounding its way out of my thoracic cavity.

Then I saw Toni trying to peek over a huddle of a doctors at the far side of the room. I ran towards him.

I looked at Toni he looked so weary. There’s a little blood stain on his shirt. I didn’t say a word and force my way into the huddle of doctors.

Anna was lying lifeless on the bed and that’s all I saw. I felt an arm pull me away from Anna. I tried to fight back but another set of hands held me off.

I didn’t force the issue because I know it will do no good. I sat beside Toni. We were both silent when a guy in a white robe went up to us.

We both stood up. “Toni, your sister is now fine.” I heard the doctor say.

I think the doctor is one of their mother’s colleague because he knows Toni.

“How about the baby?” I asked quickly.

“The baby is now fine. Anna’s pregnancy is a little delicate.” The doctor said.

Toni and I virtually heaved out our relief. The doctor said something to Toni I didn’t caught because I was eager to see Anna.

After a few more words, a nurse ushered us to where Anna is. She’s now fully awake.

She immediately got up when she saw us. I immediately went to her and laid her back.