Chapter 15

* 3 days later *

       * At the Bakery *

   Pulling out the last 2 pans of my cupcakes, I put them on the counter and close the oven doors as I turned it off. I grabbed the pans and turned over the pans, letting the cupcakes fall onto the other pan that had a different sheet on it. I let carefully turn them back over and look to see if they all turned out perfect, and sighing in relief as they did. I grabbed another pan and put them on it then put them in the big freezer. I set a timer for about 5 minutes, I don't want them to be in there too long or else they'll become cupcake popsicles. And we don't need that.

   I then go back to making my little fondant flowers, and smile as I'm making great progress. The guys were getting the hang of things too, after showing them and helping them here and there. We're almost done, the guys are pulling out the rest of their cupcakes and decorating. Tommorow we practice our dancing and singing routine after school. Then Friday which is 2 days from now, since it's Wednesday today, it's the Culture Day Festival. And we're ready I just know it! We're so ready. I'm excited to see the guys dressed up too... Mainly because they complain and I think it's funny. Because it is.

  And we're also gonna have help from Emi too, she is gonna help pass out the other cupcakes too. While the others are singing and we take turns. Which will be fun, and I'm hoping the guys think its fun. Since we've worked so hard and put so much work into everything. Trust me... I should know. I've spent the last week washing away sweat, cupcake batter, frosting, edible sparkles, and sprinkles. I'm still coughing up sparkles. Ryu... thought it would be a wonderful idea to use sparkles on his. He changed tactics. First he wanted to make a little fondant fire decoration, then he decided he wanted to make a little fondant top that matched to the top of his love stick, and now he's doing red and yellow sparkles with his pink love stick top. And he calls me indecisive.  Drama queen Ryu.

   As I'm making the flowers, I suddenly hear the time I set go off, and I knew my cupcakes were done chilling. So I stopped with the flowers and walked over to the big super freezer, then pulled out my pan of cupcakes. I set the pan down on my metal table in my area, and let them sit there as I went back to making my flowers for this batch. This was my last batch of cupcakes to make. Then I was done with mine, but then I had to help whoever was struggling. Which I don't think everyone was struggling, all of them were finishing off the decorating. "Kimmy, I need some help over here." Someone said, and I lifted my head as I was in my own train of thought when someone called my name. I looked and saw En looking at me, so I knew it was him who was trying to call me over for help. I giggled and then walked over to his station, where he had his dark blue velvet cupcakes ready for decoration.

  "What seems to be the problem Enny?" I asked him as I used his nickname, Atsushi uses this nickname for En. So I figured he wouldn't care if I did too. "I'm making the cream cheese frosting and I think I added too much of one ingredient. Can you try it for me and see if it taste funny? I tried and it's useless since I'm not an expert in baking." He told me and I nodded. I grabbed one of the taste tester sticks at his table, and then dipped it in the big stand mixer bowl that was filled with white frosting. I then tried it... hmm, doesnt taste bad. It taste like cream cheese frosting but I then suddenly get this small sweet kick to it. Not bad actually. "Not bad, it's got a small sweet kick to it but I think that works in your favor. Theres nothing wrong with it." I told him, and he sighed in relief.

   I giggled and knew he was freaking out over nothing. I know he and the others want these to turn out well, since we've put so much hard work into this. The dancing, the singing, and these cupcakes too. That's how much they've done, and then added for me is I've done the shirts, pants, shoes, and microphones too. Plus all these monsters have been giving me a good beaten which is starting to get frickin irritating. Sometimes I wonder why I signed up for this superhero thing, but then I forget... I didnt. It was forced upon me. Damn wombat.
The guys have been dealing with it longer than I have, so I guess I cant really complain at all. As they've suffered more beatings that I have. "Thanks, I needed to know before I started frosting." En said, and I nodded. But before I left his station I kissed his cheek, which made him blush a little and made me giggle again.

     "Kimmy! No pda! Kiss En on your own time!" Ryu whined from his station, and I just rolled my eyes at my big brother who was acting like a two year old. "What's pda again?" Wombat asked, this made Atsushi almost face palm. "And your suppose to be an intelligent outerspace being." Kin muttered, Arima and Gero snickered. "I heard that Macho! And it's okay to forget sometimes!" Wombat yelled as he seemed to be irritated now, "Not when you forget almost all the time." I retorted, finishing up my flowers. I then turned everyone out as I finished making my little flowers, and let them sit there as I got a piping bag to start frosting my cupcakes. Each cupcake needs to be perfect... though with it's own personality. At least that's my dad's mom, grandma Sue told me. She also said that about people. Everyone is perfect in their own way, but the also have their own unique personalities.

    I see that sometimes when take care of the monsters, and they turn back to the people that they were before they became monsters. One of them being Emi. She had became a monster because she was upset about not making the volleyball team, she became a monster then we took care of it, and then she made it. The coach gave her a second chance because Emi convinced her that Emi could do better. Emi is now the star MVP for the girls volleyball team. I wish I could do clubs again like I was able at my old school, but this superhero thing takes up too much time to even be able to try. Though as much as that annoys me... I sometimes dont regret being a superhero. It has its perks. I may get thrown, beaten, and blasted; I still enjoy helping people  find the lost love within themselves, and helping them get better.

     I know when I say I enjoy being a superhero I sound like a child, but I cant really help it. But other perks of becoming a superhero: I became even closer with my brother, I made some new life long friends, and I met a great guy that I'm in a great relationship that I love. I couldn't ask for more... except that maybe for my parents to be back together. Though, I cant control that. You cant force someone to love someone. I learned that, and it's great life lesson that I will never forget. Because who knows I might teach it to someone else. Maybe whenever Ryu decides to finally get a girlfriend, or to Emi who has been showing heart eyes at Atsushi. Yes, my athletic but intelligent friend, has a crush on our Battle Lover Prince Epinard. I think he likes her too... I'm trying to get them together, but her schedule doesnt seem to work out any days out.

    I will get them together though. That is a promise I intend to fulfill.