Thinking outright

* End of the day *

  As me and Ryu walked through the door, Ryu closed it. " Mom, we're home! " I yelled. This is something I always did with dad when I came home. It's just to let my presence be known. " In the kitchen! " mom yelled back. So I walk that way, and I saw at the kitchen table doing one of those crossword puzzle books. Once she saw us she got up and hugged us, and then went to the fridge and handed us waters. " So how did your first day go? Did you like the school? " Mom asked me. " Yeah it was fine, the school is fine it's not too bad. " I said.

    " She made a friend that's a girl. " Ryu said. I elbowed him and he spit his water and I grinned. " A friend?! Oh Kimmy! I'm so proud of you! " mom said excitedly. Sighing, I took a sip of my water then put the lid back on as I swallowed the water. " It's not a big deal I mean I had five friends who I hung out with all the time back when I was living with dad. " I said. " I know, he always sent me pictures to keep me updated. But it's just I'm happy because it's your first day at a new school and new place, I'm just happy. " mom said smiling.

  Sighing again, I elbow Ryu as he was snickering. Gonna wipe that grin off his face. " So what's her name? " mom asked. " Emi Mikako. " I said. Her eyes immediately lit up, and I was super confused now. " Oh I know her, and I know her mom she works with me. She's a sweet girl she is, I knew you two would be friends. " mom said smiling. Oh wow… now predicting who i'd become friends with. Jeezus, can't I catch a break? As I looked around I saw the clock, 4:05pm, damn is that really the time?!

  I kissed mom on the cheek, hugged her, did the same to Ryu then ran up to my room. Closing the door, I immediately grabbed my laptop and got it to the FaceTime. As I got it on, I clicked on dad's contact and it was waiting. Come on dad… answer me.
I wanna see you I miss you. As I spun in my desk chair, that's when the screen lit up and dad was on screen. " Dad! " I said happily. He smiled. " Kimmy my sweet girl, how's it going? " he asked.

    " Fine, I guess. I like living here with mom and big brother, but I kinda miss it there with you. " I said. He chuckled. " Well don't worry, when your older you can come down and see me all you want. " he said. I nodded, and I just sat there. " So how was your first day of school? " he asked. As soon as he said that, my thoughts went immediately straight to  what happened with En today. Trying not to blush, but my blushes were always so faint that no one could see them.

  " It was fine, I had fun and I'm in the same class with big brother. " I said. " That's good because I didn't want you getting lost. " he said. I giggled, and he chuckled. " I wasn't gonna get lost dad even though it was a big school. " I said. " Well I'm glad your enjoying it, especially since your having fun. " he said again. " Yeah and I've already made a whole lot of friends. Mainly guys but I made a girl friend today. " I said. " That good too! I'm happy your getting yourself out there, I'm so proud of you. " he said.

    I smiled and nodded. " Mom said the same. " I said. He sighed, and I just giggled more. " You two always had the same reaction. " I said. " Yes I know. " he said. Smiling, I was about to speak when my door opened and in cams big brother. " Kimmy I'm heading off to the bath house with the guys I'll be back later, I'd you need anything mom's here or you can text me. " Ryu said. I nodded, but that's when dad interrupted. " Ryu! Son is that you? " dad asked from my laptop screen.

  Ryu looked at me then came over to my laptop screen and looked at me, " Is that dad? " Ryu asked. I nodded, and Ryu looked at the screen. " Oh my god, Ryu my boy how you've gotten so big! You've grown so much since I last saw you! " dad said happily. " It's good to see you too dad, it has been a while.   " Ryu said smiling. " So how are you? What you been up to lately? " dad asked. " I'm fine, just happy to see Kimmy after so long. And nothing much, I'm about to head over to meet my friends. " Ryu said.

  " Your mom needs to let me see you more, I missed most of your boyhood. " dad said. " Yeah, maybe you can come over soon. Or maybe on Kimmy's birthday, she's gonna be baking a birthday party soon. " Ryu said. Ryu literally took the thought/words out of my mouth. " I don't know about her birthday, but I'll talk to your mother about it. Hopefully she will because I want to be there for you Kimmy. " dad said. I nodded smiling, and Ryu got closer to me.

" You two look so much alike, I swear you could be twins. Tried telling your mom that but she wasn't convinced since you two are three years apart. " dad said. " Yeah, when I introduced all of my friends to Kimmy they thought it was the girl version of me. " Ryu said. I laughed, the guys did think that for a bit till I convinced them I wasn't. Wait well… I kinda am i just have a different personality and name. " They really did, huh? " dad asked. " Yeah. " I said.

  Dad just chuckled, and we laughed. Yet I don't see how it was so funny. So after we talked a bit more with dad, Ryu hugged me and kissed me on the head then left. He said he'd be back before complete darkness hit. Sighing,  I changed into some shorts and a tanktop that had a built in bra. It is my favorite tanktop even though I got a few more of them. My chest was hurting lately so I couldn't wear my bra for long, but I have to with my uniform.

  My chest is probably growing again. Not again, I swear if I grow anymore I'll be out of a C and into a D. Hey at least hips don't grow… or do they? Because I don't need mine getting any bigger, it's already hard to fit into skinny jeans without them hugging em. Sighing to myself, I take my hair down and throw it into a high messy bun. Then grabbing my phone I walk downstairs, and head to the kitchen.
As I look through the fridge for a snack, my phone buzzes… I grab it and look at it. Hm… a message from Emi.

   Emi- Hey waz up?

  I giggled to myself laughing, well I'm glad she's obviously feeling better. So I texted back and sent the message.

  Me- Nun just looking for a snack

  As I looked through the fridge again, I got out the sandwich stuff and made myself a sandwich. Obviously mom needs to go to the store soon… Hm maybe I can help out. I then put the stuff back in the fridge then head up to my room with my sandwich. I closed my door and sat on my bed, playing some soft music and grabbed my tablet. Got onto the journal app, typed in my password. I then opened a new page. And began to type away as I told about my day, and also finishing my food.

    As time passed, I finished with the writing and put away my tablet. Laying back on my bed I thought of today. Mainly back to the memory of me and En today. How he held me, in his strong arms close to his chest, as he wiped away my tears. And how he kissed the top of my head. Just the thought of it made my heart skip a beat, my chest started to feel warm. He came after me to comfort me. At first I wondered why Ryu didn't, because he always comes to comfort me if I'm upset. But my guess was En decided to come to my rescue.

   At the time my mind wondered what he was thinking as he held me. Was he thinking of me? Or of something else? Has he done this before with a girl? I don't know, and I don't really care… because that moment was special to me. He had come after me to comfort me, that wasn't the lazy laid-back En Yufuin I know. But at the moment… I just didn't care. My mind thinking of other things. I wanted to be back in his arms, to be engulfed by the warmth that radiated off of him, for him to kiss my head and wipe my tears away again.

   To tell me that he'd save me again, and that everything was gonna be okay.