Chapter 1: "A Prophecy".

I was driving fast and all alone with my eyes filled with tears and pain. The hot tears ran down my cheeks without ask first, they were just running like a waterfall and the pain in my chest was bigger. Another anxiety attack and another panic attack but this time I had the reason. I'd been fighting against myself, I mean, inside. I stopped the car in front of a beautiful bridge. I jumped and I was on the edge, asking myself if I wanted that. I had made my choice with no doubt about it.

''I'm so, so, sorry. I can't live like this anymore. If I go, I'll die happy tonight.'' I mumbled sobbing, looking at the grey sky with a kind of blue lines on it. My red sheer dress was darker than ever. I looked down once again and closed my eyes. Suddenly I stopped crying, gazing for the last time the view. I tried to let myself go, but someone didn't let me. A strong arm took me from my waist, sitting me on the ground after that. 

''Let me go! I don't want to live anymore. Just let me die, please!'' I begged with tears, trying to come back to the edge of the bridge. But that man didn't let me.

''Calm down, everything's fine. I'm not gonna let you throw yourself, right?'' He stroked my hair after he put my head on his chest. I sobbed until I felt, somehow, relief in that stranger. 

''So, why you tried that? If you don't mind asking.'' He said brushing my hair with his fingers, looking my eyes.

''I just can't hold on anymore. I wanted to end it all today, I am not good for nothing.'' I mumbled staring at his eyes, a light blue ones. ''Nothing scares me anymore.'' 

''I get it. '' He sighed stroking my cheeks, looking up then at the sky. ''We have to go now, it's going to rain in a few. Do you want to go to a hospital? Maybe home?'' He asked quite worrried, helping me to stand up. 

''I... I don't want to go home.'' I murmured, rubbing my eyelids as the tears fell one more time.

''I can drive you to my apartment, but I understand if you don't trust a stranger.'' He tried to explain. 

''I'll go with you.'' I sighed giving him the keys of my car. I sat in silence.

''Are you feeling better?'' He asked while we were driving ten minutes. I nodded closing my eyes, resting my head on the seat. 

''Thank you.'' I stroked my hands looking down at them, very ashamed for what happened on the bridge, for my own thoughts.

''You don't need to thank me anything, really.'' He affirmed, parking  when we arrived. ''My name is James, by the way.'' 

''Victoria.'' I forced a smile, taking my things from the car. We came inside the apartment quickly. It was a nice one, quite similar to the ones we all had around that area of the city. 

''You can stay on my bed if you want, I'll sleep on the couch, okay?'' James said this time. I took a breath without knowing what to do.

''You can sleep in your bed, I don't mind if I have to sleep on the couch, really.'' I sighed. ''I'm just a stranger.''

''I can place another bed in the same room, so I'll make sure that you are okay tonight.'' I nodded twice. But I began to feel worse.

''Hey, hey, hey, what's wrong?'' He asked crouching in front of me.

''I don't know what I'm doing, honestly.'' I replied between my sobbing. 

''Do you want to go home?'' He asked again. I shook. ''Okay... Why don't you take a bath and I order some dinner?''

''But I...'' 

''I can borrow you some clothes, don't worry about that.'' He stated. 

''Why are you doing this?'' I asked quietly. ''I will pay dinner, and tomorrow...''

''I couldn't let you that way. I know it may sound weird, but there's something that tells me I can trust you.'' He replied. ''And tomorrow you will decide, but tonight I don't want you to do anything stupid.''

''It is not what you think.'' I said.

''It is not worth it, Victoria.'' He mumbled and I nodded, looking into his eyes. 

''I want to trust you.''