thirty-sevon

Ella's pov:

A thousand pairs of bare feet stomp on the dance floor, chanting mine and grays names. A smile is plastered on my face.

People clear out the dance floor and make a space for Gray and I. "Perfect" by Ed Sheeran slowly fills empty spaces of the room, and Grayson grabs my hand leading me to the center of the floor.

We tangle our hands together, and sway back and fourth, focusing on only each other. His hazel eyes glisten when the light hits them, and his teeth shine when he smiles at me.

Suddenly people begin to leave the dance floor, and crowd around the picture collage wall. Gasps come from the croud, and Grayson and I rush over.

Every picture is shattered. On the floor lying in bits and pieces. A lump forms in my throat and I feel my eyes watering.

"No, no, no, no, no," I say, panic lacing my breath.

I turn when I hear a loud ripping sound, and see streamers and ribbons falling to the floor, followed by three figures running frantically into the next room.

People race after them, screams of horror following. The roses around the gazebo are being torn apart by two of the people, while the third is throwing each and every fragile accessory on the floor, pieces of broken material hitting the grass.

Before anyone can do something, they sprint to their car, and buckle in. As they drive away, I see none other than Lana sticking her head out the backseat window, waving and sending me  a sinister grin.

I collapse to the floor sobbing. Ten thousand hands try to comfort me, but I can only feel the hot tears streaming down my face.

This was supposed to be my day. Not my family's day to ruin my life.

Aneta squats down beside me, and I wrap my arms around her, letting her pat my head and calm me down.

Grayson is holding Ava, trying to get everyone else to settle down.

"Hey, at least there's cake," Aneta says gently. I stand up, wiping my eyes.

"Oh yeah," I say sniffling.

"Cake time!!!!" Grayson yells.

And of course, as if nothing could be worse, the cake lay in 60 pieces smooshed on the floor.

"Ya know what, that's ok. Let's all go to Safeway and get cupcakes," I say, trying to look on the bright side.

Everyone cheers except me.

People cheerfully race to their cars, and I am left walking alone.

Grayson comes up from behind me, and intertwines our fingers, saying nothing.

Ava is in his other arm, playing with his earring . We say nothing as we walk back to the car.

I look out the window, just wishing this dreadful day would end.

a/n:

Ok woowwwwww this is horrible:/ sorry like wow this is actually worst thing I've ever written.. 🙎🏼‍♀️

Thankyou Thankyou so much to @graysxn1999 for giving this story so much love! Please follow them:)

Peace! 😎