thirty-two

Ella's pov:

The movie finally ends, and I look to my left, seeing both Ava and Gray asleep. I whack Grayson on the side of the head.

"Wake up!" I whisper-yell directly in his ear. He jolts up and looks around, and then relaxes realizing it was just me.

"Jeez, that movie was boring," he says. I nod in agreement as we walk out the rows of chairs. Ava is still asleep, chillin in Grayson's arms.

I guess this gives Grayson and I a little alone time when we get back...

——

Grayson's pov:

I look away from the tv, turning my vision to Ella, whose eyes are glued to the tv. I grab the remote and press the off button.

"Hey! I was watching that," Ella whines.

"No, that show was boring," I say.

"Yeah, it kinda was," Ella laughs.

There's a knock on the door, and I jolt up in excitement. "He must be here!"

Ella looks at me confused. Ethan swings open the door and I practically jump into his arms, causing us both to fall on the floor, in a fit of laughter.

"I feel like a little lion cub reuniting with his best friend," I say, getting off of Ethan.

"Lions reunite? Why not just humans reunite?" Ethan laughs.

"I don't know!" we both laugh, and jump up and down like little kids.

I drag Ethan over to Ella. "Ella, this is Ethan. Ethan, this Ella," I introduce them.

Ella smiles and sticks out her hand. Ethan slowly inches his hand into Ella's, but instead of shaking her hand, he pulls her up, and into a hug, squeezing her tight.

"It's wonderful to finally meet you! I've heard so much about you," Ella laughs.

"I've heard so much about you!" Ethan laughs. "Okay, I wanna meet Ava now," Ethan lets go of Ella and looks around for Ava.

"Chill, Ethan. Ava's asleep," I say. Ethan shrugs and makes his way to the kitchen. He opens a cabinet and pulls out a bag of Cheetos.

"Imma eat these!" Ethan says, popping out from behind the counter.

He takes a big running start, and leaps onto the couch, and plops down next to me and Ella.

"You gotta chill dude," Ella chuckles.

"I'm just so excited!" Ethan says.

I get the remote and switch the tv on.

——
Ella's pov:

Ava comes skipping down the hallway and plops herself down on Grayson's lap. "Hi daddy," She says.

Ethan's face lights up at the sight of her. Ava looks up at Ethan, and gets confused.

"Daddy?" She asks, plopping herself into Ethan's lap.

"Nah, I'm Uncle E," Ethan says, bouncing Ava on his knee. "That's daddy," Ethan points to Grayson.

"Oh," Ava says quietly. We all laugh at her cuteness, and continue to watch tv.

——
*a couple hours later, everyone is eating dinner*

The room is quiet other than the sounds of our forks scraping our plates. Its not that weird, awkward kind of quiet, it's a peaceful kind of quiet.

"I hope you don't mind me asking, but what's the story of Ava's real dad?" Ethan breaks the silence.

I'm hesitant at first, but Ethan is family, and he deserves to know.

"Well, I was 16 at the time..." I start.

*flashback*

Junior prom had only just started. Holding hands, Jacob and I take in our surroundings. "Let's get out of here," Jacob says. We both turn, and run down the stairs of the building. We get in Jacobs car, and he just starts driving. He doesn't tell me where we're going, and he doesn't stop once. We drive for hours, through valleys, and tall mountains, until it was so dark that we could barely see the road anymore. He finally comes to a stop at an old, broken down house next to a lake. We step out of the car, and I follow him into the house, and into a room. "Strip," he demands. I look at him like he's insane. We've been best friends since preschool. I shake my head. "Strip!" He says again. I finally do so, and I take off my clothes. I wince in pain and scream as he does what he does. When we're done, he puts his clothes back on, and goes out to the car, and just sits there. I can hardly walk  back to the car, and we don't share a word the whole drive back.

*end of flashback*

I finish telling the first part of the story.

"3 weeks later, I found out I was pregnant. I told Jacob, and he didn't say anything. He just shrugged and walked away," I say.

"I didn't have a close relationship with my parents, and I didn't have many friends either. I basically had to go through everything alone. Luckily, I have a really close relationship with my sister, Aneta," I finish.

Ethan gives me a sympathetic look. "I'm so sorry, Ella."

"It's ok, really. Look at me, now. I have a fiancé, a beautiful little girl, an amazing brother in law...," I wink at Ethan, and he chuckles.

"I have everything," I say.

Grayson smiles at me, and I smile back. We continue to eat the rest of our dinner in silence.

a/n:

Lately this story has been doing SO well! I get so many reads, votes, and comments daily, and it's all thanks to you guys!

Big Thankyou's to @jdtylee and @unicorn_ashley because they give me so much support 😇

Hope you enjoyed, now destroy that star button! ⭐️⭐️⭐️